An announcement is not an event. Events can be added to the university’s calendar of events, which has its own promotional track.
To create a campus announcement…
- Go to the “Control Panel” box on the “Announce!” home page and press the “Login” link.
- Log in using your university user name and password.
- Once logged in, a “New Post” link will appear under the “Control Panel.” Click on the link to begin the creation of a new announcement.
- Enter the title of your announcement where indicated.
- Type your announcement in the box under Upload/Insert.
- Select your intended audience “category” (Faculty, Students, Staff or Retirees).
- Press “Publish.”
- University Marketing monitors the flow of announcement requests and directly posts announcements within one business day. Announcements must be submitted by 3 p.m. in order to go out the following morning by email to students, faculty, staff, etc.
Additional announcement promotional opportunities:
Every member of Stetson University’s internal community, including students, faculty and staff, is encouraged to visit the university’s calendar of events and to view the announcements on Stetson Today on a daily basis. To further promote your campus event, please use any or all of the following options:
- Electronic billboards in the CUB: These billboards are seen by anyone visiting the CUB and are an effective way to promote events.
- WHAT Radio: Hatter Radio is working hard to reach out to the student community.
- HatterSync: HatterSync (OrgSync) creates an online Stetson University community that helps students, departments, and registered student organizations improve communication, share information, and collaborate.
- Other Options: Other options, including flyers and posters, can help you to get the word out. Guidelines for posting can be found in the Student Organization Manual.
For additional information, please contact the Stetson Marketing Office at 386-822-8920 or email@example.com.