We wanted to remind all students about our on-campus housing policy and give some information for students who may be requesting to live off-campus for the 2012/2013 academic year. Note that the deadline to request to live off-campus without a cancellation fee is April 30.
All students are required to live on-campus unless they meet one of the following criteria:
- Student has earned ninety (90) academic hours (senior status) by August 1.
- Student is married or in same-sex domestic partnership. (Copy of marriage certificate or SSDP paperwork required.)
- Student resides locally with immediate family. (Immediate family is defined as parent, grandparent, guardian, or sibling not also enrolled at Stetson University. Locally is defined as within 30 miles of the university. Proof of student residency is required: Government issued photo IDs of both student and family member showing matching local address.)
- Student is participating in a university-approved, off-campus internship that requires them to live outside of the local area.
- Student is 22 years of age or older as of August 1.
Forms & Cancellation Fee:
If a student meets one of the criteria above and wishes to request to live off-campus, the student must complete the 2012-2013 Academic Year Request to Live Off-Campus Form. Note that requests must be received by April 30 to avoid cancellation fees:
· Cancellations by April 30 will not incur a cancellation fee.
· Cancellations from May 1 – 31 will incur a $500 cancellation fee.
· Cancellations from June 1 – 30 will incur a $750 cancellation fee.
· Cancellations from July 1 to the start of the semester/academic year will incur a $1,000 cancellation fee.
· Any cancellation fee after the start of the semester/academic year will incur a $1,000 cancellation fee in addition to charges for the period of occupancy.
What you need to do:
All undergraduate students fall into one of two categories:
- Will be living on-campus –> must complete the Online Housing Lease
- Will be living off-campus –> must complete the 2012-2013 Academic Year Request to Live Off-Campus Form
Note: Students who (1) do not complete the Online Housing Lease and who also are (2) not approved to live off-campus will be assessed the cost of housing on their student account during the summer.
Department of Housing & Residential Life
421 N. Woodland Blvd. Unit 8338
Deland, FL 32723
Office: (386) 822-7201
Fax: (386) 822-8919