Hurricane Irma Information
Stetson University Hurricane Irma Information
This page provides important academic updates related to changes caused by Hurricane Irma. This page will be updated as information becomes available.
The University has updated the academic calendar. Please review the updates below as well as a revised Fall Calendar.
- FSEM Courses
- All FSEM courses will now end on December 5th. Final exams for FSEM courses will be held on that date.
- Makeup Days
- Final exam week is now a regular class week. All classes will meet at the regularly scheduled time and location during the week of 12/11.
- Faculty members will inform students of any makeup plans for each individual course.
- Reading Day is now on 12/9.
- Midterm Exams
- The University does not have an official midterm exam period. The midterm grade deadline has been extended to 10am on 10/18.
- For faculty, the midterm grade entry in my.stetson will be available from 8am on 10/11 to 10am on 10/18. The portal will close promptly at 10am.
- Half-Term Courses
- The first half of the term courses will now end on 10/25. Final exams for the first half of the term courses will be held on 10/25.
- Grades for the first half of the term courses will be due on 11/3.
- The second half of the term courses will now start on 10/25. The course schedule search will not display this new start date.
- Last Day to Drop, Pass/Fail, and W grades
- The last day to drop a full-term course without academic penalty is now on 10/25.
- The last day to select the pass/fail option is now on 10/25.
- The last day to withdraw from all courses with a W grade is now on 10/25.
- Final Exams and Grades
- Final exams will now be held during a time designated by the course instructor.
- The final grades deadline is now 10am on 12/20.