Bomb Threat Training
If you are in danger or feel threatened, call 911 or contact Campus Public Safety.
DeLand Campus: 386-822-7300
Gulfport Campus and Tampa Law Center: 727-343-1262
Bomb threats are rare, but they should always be taken seriously. The Department of Homeland Security has released resources that will train you on what to do if you receive a phoned-in bomb threat. How quickly and safely you react to a bomb threat could save lives, including your own. What should you do?
- Remain calm.
- Call 9-1-1 immediately and report a bomb threat to local law enforcement providing as much detail as you can.
- Follow law enforcement instructions.
- Evacuate the area and seek protective cover from the bomb and potential debris—these are the best ways to avoid injury.
- Do not approach or inspect suspicious items or unattended packages.
- Do not congregate near the incident scene as onlookers may impede first responders and law enforcement.