Code of Conduct for Internet/Network Use
- The university's network and related equipment, services and staffing resources are to be used to facilitate the exchange of information consistent with the academic, educational, business and research purposes of the university. Users of the university's networks, related equipment, services and related staffing are expected to conduct themselves in a manner that does not interfere with or harass individual or institutional activities.
- Ethical standards that apply to the use of computer resources are derived directly from the standards of common sense, decency and courtesy that apply to the use of any shared resource.
- The following standards apply to the use of the university's network, equipment, Internet connectivity, services, staff and related resources:
- Offensive, rude, obscene or harassing material is strictly forbidden.
- The aforementioned resources are not to be used for political or commercial purposes.
- Inappropriately broadcasting messages to groups or individuals is not allowed.
- Any communication which violates applicable laws and regulations is not allowed on the university's network or internet connections.
- Users and non-users must not encourage, collaborate or tolerate the violation of this Code by any other person. It is university policy that anyone with knowledge of violations or suspected violations must report this information to the Office of Information Technology.