Memorial Gift Opportunities
Across Stetson University's DeLand campus you will see an assortment of memorials established by thoughtful individuals to honor loved ones. These opportunities are highlighted below.
Please contact our office for additional information about ways that you can pay tribute to individuals who played significant roles in your life.
Engraved Bricks (Meadows Alumni House)
- 4" x 8" - Three lines of engraving (14 characters per line): $125
- 8" x 16" - Six lines of engraving (28 characters per line): $350
- 16" x 16" - 12 lines of engraving (28 characters per line)*: $750
- 16" x 16" - 12 lines of engraving (28 characters per line)**: $1,000
*- may include a personalized imprint of a portrait or a signature; **- may include a corporate logo
Engraved Bricks (Patricia Wilson Stadium)
- 4" x 8" - Two lines of engraving (14 characters per line): $125
- Tree with dedicated irrigation line and black granite marker - $2,500
- Black granite marker dimensions: 18" long x 8" vertical height x 12" high
- Engraving space: Four or five lines available, 15 to 18 characters per line
The location of landscape memorials, and the species used, will be determined by the university in keeping with the master landscape plan, with input from the donor. Typical species used include oaks and magnolia grandifloras, both of which have long life expectancies and are very hearty. The amount may change to reflect current costs.
Once the tree and marker are in place, many families choose to have them dedicated. The University Chaplain is often called upon to offer words of inspiration as family and friends gather for such an occasion.
- Name an existing bench or install a new bench (either with a commemorative plaque): $2,500
The location of benches will be determined by the university in keeping with the master landscape plan, with input from the donor. The amount may change to reflect current costs.
- Book with personalized bookplate: minimum amount $35
Named, Endowed (perpetual) Scholarship
The minimum amount to establish a named, endowed (perpetual) scholarship is $25,000. Additional gifts may be added at any time.
For information on naming buildings, classrooms, etc., please contact the Office of Gift Planning at 386-822-7461 or [email protected].