What is Tuition Exchange?
Tuition exchange is a benefit offered to full-time faculty and staff with dependents seeking their first undergraduate degree at another institution. Stetson participates in two reciprocal scholarship Tuition Exchange programs: the CIC (Council of Independent Colleges) and TEP (Tuition Exchange Program). While this is a tremendous opportunity for Stetson families, it's important to realize this is not a guaranteed benefit. Awards will vary, based upon the program and school to which the student applies.
How do I know if the program is CIC or TEP?
How do I apply?
All applicants should first complete Stetson's Preliminary Application to determine if they meet the eligibility requirements to use the tuition exchange benefit. Once the application has been approved by the financial aid office, the student should follow the directions below depending on which program (CIC or TEP) they are applying for.
The importing schools will notify families once a decision had been made about the TE Scholarship. This most often happens in spring. By April 1, students should notify Stetson's Tuition Exchange Liaison in writing of their acceptance (or rejection) of the TE Scholarship and which school they will be attending.
- After the student's export eligibility has been confirmed, Stetson's liaison will enter the applicant information into the CIC-TEP Online Portal.
- The importing liaison at the member institution will receive a system-generated email with the application information. They will determine if the application is approved/denied and notify the student.
- The importing liaison will update the Application Status in the CIC-TEP Online Portal. This update can then be viewed by Stetson's exporting liaison.
*Do not send a copy of the preliminary application to the Council of Independent Colleges. Detailed guidelines, requirements, and responses to frequently asked questions are available on CIC's website.
Tuition Exchange, Inc. provides the opportunity for new TEP applicants to complete the online TE-EZ application.
- Visit www.tuitionexchange.org, click Families, Online Application, then Apply Now.
- Once you submit the application, Stetson's exporting liaison will be notified.
- If the student's export eligibility has been confirmed by Stetson, the EZ application is sent to the 'importing' schools listed on the application. If the EZ application is determined ineligible, the applicant and parent will be notified and the application will not be forwarded to the selected schools.
- At this point, the importing schools take over the process.
*Be sure to enter valid email addresses for the student and parent when you fill out the EZ application. The application provides a maximum of 10 school choices.
Is there a deadline to apply?
The preliminary application deadline is November 1. We recommend employees turn in their pre-certification applications as soon as possible so that we can certify eligibility.
Students should also complete their admissions applications to importing schools in a timely manner to ensure the best consideration for a Tuition Exchange Scholarship.
Tuition Exchange Forms
- Tuition Exchange Guidelines Imports (PDF)
- Tuition Exchange Guidelines Exports (PDF)
- Preliminary Application for Exports (PDF)
Stetson's Tuition Exchange Liaison
Darnie Petro, Coordinator of Finanical Aid Communications