Stetson University Values Fellows Scholarship
Environmental Values Scholarship
The Values Scholarships are designed to enhance the way we live Stetson University's core values and to assist in recruiting and retaining the best-fit students for the university. Each scholarship will provide $2,500 on an annual basis. In addition to the $2,500 scholarship, $500 will be awarded to the student as they begin their senior research/project to fund their work with their faculty mentor. The student will be expected to fulfill the four-year commitment. If they can't, or if there's a performance issue, the selection committee will select another student of the same class year to receive the scholarship for the remainder of their enrollment.
Potential scholarship recipients must meet the following qualifications:
- First-year student with a high school GPA of at least 3.5
- Enrolled for a full-time course load (4 units or 16 credit hours)
- Willing to commit 10 hours per week to work with a faculty/staff mentor in the values area their scholarship represents
- Displays leadership potential
How to Apply
- Students must complete the FAFSA and CSS PROFILE by February 15th in order to apply.
- Students must submit an essay of no more than 1,000 words discussing how they can contribute to the university in the area of environmental sustainability.
- Please submit your essay to the Office of Financial Planning at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Deadline: February 15, 2019.