Student Life Scholarships
Community Advocate Scholarship
Stetson University's Residential Living and Learning sees value in emerging leaders participating in intentionally designed learning communities. Themed communities are designed to converge the residential and educational experiences for students. Participants live together in a residence hall community and actively engage in fostering community connection to activate their Stetson story. Through a holistic approach, each community focuses on personal development and learning through academic partnerships, service-learning opportunities, research initiatives and intentional and focused programming efforts. The Community Advocate roles seeks to find residents who are excited to create inclusive and dynamic communities to assist furthering the mission of the Residential Living and Learning. The Community Advocate Scholarship is designed to provide residents who are seeking to move past success to significance in the realm of leadership within their residential community an avenue through themed communities.
The current themed communities are First Year Experience, Women’s Leadership, Living Well and Honors & Bonner. To find out more details about our current themed communities please visit stetson.edu/housing. More details for new themed communities coming soon.
Potential scholarship recipients must meet the following qualifications:
- 3.5 CGPA in high school for first-year applicants & 3.0 CGPA at Stetson University or another university or college
- Enrolled for a full-time course load (4 units or 16 credit hours)
- Willing to commit an average of 5 hours a week to themed initiatives such as attending/partnering with Resident Assistant, other CAs and faculty advisors to put on events/programs, provide passive educational opportunities and/or engage in community building activities
- Value the importance of educational interactions in and out of the classroom
- Display leadership potential
- Willing to be a resident of the themed community, however not required
This scholarship will provide $1000 on an annual basis ($500 per semester).
How to Apply
For questions about Community Advocate Scholarship please email Jessica Day, Associate Director of Residential Education and Community Programs, at email@example.com.