Characteristics of Edmunds Scholars:
Deadline: January 8, 2021
The J. Ollie Edmunds Distinguished Scholarship Program at Stetson University seeks students who demonstrate a balance of the following qualities:
- Superior intellect and academic achievement, as measured by academic record and standardized testing.
- A secondary school GPA of 3.5 or above
- A combined SAT-I score of at least 1350 (critical reading and math) or an ACT composite score of at least 30
- Outstanding leadership potential as measured by leadership roles in high school or the community.
- This may include leadership roles in academic, athletic, religious, scientific, military, social, civic, or service organizations in high school or the community
- Stetson seeks students with proven leadership potential who may be future Stetson student body presidents, as well as members of Omicron Delta Kappa, Mortar Board, and Phi Beta Kappa
- Discipline and physical wellness gained by participation in athletics or fitness activities.
- Although some applicants have actively participated in varsity sports, this is not required. Applicants who participate in aerobics, dance, or other fitness programs that create physical wellness meet this characteristic
- Character, integrity and self-motivation.
- Outstanding personality and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Active participation in campus and community activities and personal achievement in co-curricular activities.
- Stetson seeks creative and imaginative students
- Creativity and imagination as demonstrated by participation in fine arts, music, acting, theater, dance, writing, poetry, debate, or scientific investigation.