Financial Aid Application Process
When applying for financial aid, each type of aid may require a FAFSA, a CSS profile, both or none. You must complete the Stetson University application for admission and submit the required supporting materials including FAFSA and CSS profile to be considered for admission to Stetson University.
Application Deadlines and Decision Release Dates
Early Decision Application Deadline - November 1, 2021 (Decisions will be released on December 15, 2021). View the benefits of applying Early Decision.
Early Action I Application Deadline - November 1, 2021 (Decisions will be released on January 15, 2022)
Early Action II Application Deadline - March 1, 2022 (Decisions will be released on March 30, 2022)
Regular Decision Application Deadline - March 1, 2022 (Decisions will be released on March 30, 2022)
The chart below defines which application is needed for each type of aid.
|Type of Aid||Stetson Admissions Application?||FAFSA Required?||CSS Profile Required?||Florida Financial Aid Application|
|Stetson Univerity Merit Scholarships||Yes||n/a||n/a||n/a|
|Stetson University Endowed Scholarships||Yes||Yes||Yes||n/a|
|Stetson University Institutional Need-Based Aid||Yes||Yes||Yes||n/a|
|Florida Bright Futures Scholarship||Yes||n/a||n/a||Yes|
|Effective Access to Student Education Program (EASE)||Yes||n/a||n/a||n/a|
|Florida Student Assistance Grant (FSAG)||Yes||Yes||n/a||n/a|
|Federal Pell Grant||Yes||Yes||n/a||n/a|
|Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (SEOG)||Yes||Yes||Yes||n/a|
|Federal Work Study (FWS)||Yes||Yes||Yes||n/a|
|Federal Direct Student Loans||Yes||Yes||n/a||n/a|
|Parent PLUS Loans||Yes||Yes||n/a||n/a|
FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
The FAFSA application opens October 1, annually, and must be filed every academic year to apply for federal aid.
Completing the CSS Profile
The CSS Profile is an online application that is used to award institutional need-based aid. The application opens October 1, annually. Review the 2021-2022 CSS Profile Student Guide (PDF) for additional information on completing the CSS Profile.
There is a fee associated with the CSS Profile application, waivers are available if you meet the following criteria:
- A first-year undergraduate applicant whose parents live in the U.S.
- You received a SAT fee waiver OR
- The parental income you reported on your application is approximately $45,000 or less for a family of four OR
- You are an orphan or ward of the court under the age of 24. There are no fees for noncustodial parents if the parental income reported on the application is approximately $45,000 or less for a family of four.
- CollegeBoard CSS Profile Waiver Fees (PDF).
Stetson requires the following student populations to complete a CSS Profile:
- Applicants who wish to apply for institutional need-based aid and endowed scholarships.
- School of Music Applicants who enter in the Fall 2020 semester and beyond.
- Any student submitting a Request for Review (appeal) for additional aid consideration due to a change in the family's financial situation.