Important Changes to Payroll Direct Deposit Distribution
To Faculty, Staff and Students - All Campuses
As we look to the future at Stetson University, one of our initiatives is to shift all payroll information pertaining to pay stubs to My Stetson, effective Dec. 1, 2013. Beginning Jan. 1, 2014, Stetson University will no longer distribute hard-copy direct deposit pay stubs. Instead, pay stubs will be posted online in My Stetson, and you will have the ability to view and print them at your convenience.
Regardless of the change, the Office of Finance will still provide the same level of service. Live pay checks will still be picked up in the payroll office (DeLand) or the business office (Gulfport).
Why make this change?
- It is a "Green" solution, since direct deposit pay stubs can be viewed electronically and only printed by the employee when necessary; thereby eliminating hard-copy payroll pay stubs.
- Employees will be able to view their direct deposit pay stub no earlier than payday.
- Access to My Stetson is available 24/7/365 from anywhere.
- Departments which had previously sorted and distributed direct deposit pay stubs will save time.
- Approximately 90 percent of employees receive their pay via direct deposit.
- Employees will have the ability to manage direct deposit information online.
With this in mind, now is the time to consider signing up for direct deposit.
What are the advantages of direct deposit?
- Direct deposit saves trips to your bank or credit union.
- Direct deposit saves time in depositing checks -- no waiting in long payday lines!
- Direct deposit eliminates the possibility of lost, stolen or forged checks.
- Pay is deposited faster and is available sooner, which reduces the possibility of overdrafts.
- Pay is deposited into the specified bank account:
- When you are on vacation.
- When you are away from the office due to business or illness.
- When the university is closed due to inclement weather.
- There is no need to change present banking relationships to take advantage of this service.
- Paychecks can be automatically deposited into a checking account, a savings account or into multiple accounts.
How to View Your Pay Stub
Follow these directions to open and view your electronic direct deposit advice or any past pay stub on any computer using My Stetson:
- Log in to My Stetson
- Select "Employee Services"
- Select "Pay Information"
- Select "Pay Stub"
- Select a year for which you wish to view your pay stub, and select "Display"
- Click on the pay date you wish, in order to view the pay stub.
- Once you can see the pay stub, use the slide bar on the right to scroll through your pay stub information.
- From this page, you have a few options:
- You can choose to view another pay stub.
- You can exit My Stetson.
- You can view a printer-friendly version of your pay stub for printing.