Young Sound Seekers Audio Lab Camp
Are you interested in the sounds of nature?
Join us this summer for the Young Sound Seekers Audio Lab!
This environmental arts program will teach you how to collect sounds using portable audio recorders and use a digital audio workstation to produce a podcast. We will visit local parks to collect sounds, then work in teams at the Digital Arts studios of Stetson University to storyboard, edit, and build an audio adventure that you help create.
- Camp Dates - June 19-25, 2022
- Location - Stetson University, DeLand, Florida
- 1 Week-long camp accepts high school students between the ages of 13-18.
- The curriculum is designed with adaptive technology for the youth of all abilities and welcomes students from the blind community.
- $450 registration fee includes 6 nights and 7 days at Stetson University all-inclusive of tuition, room, and meals.
- Sunday, June 19, 2022 - Check-in (1:00 p.m.), Orientation, Dinner, Movies
- Monday June 20, 2022 - YSS Session, Canaveral trip, CDCVI Workshop
- Tuesday, June 21, 2022 - YSS Session, CDCVI Workshop
- Wednesday, June 22, 2022 - YSS Session, De Leon Springs trip, CDCVI Workshop
- Thursday, June 23, 2022 - YSS Session, CDCVI Workshop
- Friday, June 24, 2022 - YSS Session, CDCVI Workshop
- Saturday, June 25, 2022 - Summer Camp Presentation, CDCVI Workshop, Check-out (1:00 p.m.)
- *Meals served on-campus each day of the camp
For more information about the school-year program (August - April), please visit:
Contact [email protected] with any questions about the program.
This is an overnight camp. Stetson University does not provide linens, towels or toiletries. Please remember to bring the following and anything else that will make your stay even more enjoyable.
- Sheets (Twin XL) – You can bring a sleeping bag if you would like
- Toiletries (Soap, shampoo, toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant)
- Shower shoes (if you desire)
- Glasses/contacts, solutions, and a case for contacts
- Linens are able to be rented at an additional cost.
June 19-25, 2022
A Non-refundable $50.00 deposit is required at the time of registration to reserve your seat in this class. Payments can be made online or over the phone. For more information, please contact the Office of Continuing Education and Outreach at
386-822-7500 or [email protected]