Test Prep - ACT Prep Course
The ACT test prep course covers all the skills needed for succeeding on the ACT. Class sessions use real ACT problems so that you know just what to expect on test day. The ACT program consists of 24 hours of classroom instruction by an experienced instructor, together with additional problems for further practice.
What is Live Online Test Prep?
The Live Online Test Prep course uses a learning platform that allows you to view and hear the instructor, share documents and interact with the instructor and other students. While the instructor uses a microphone to broadcast using voice over internet protocol, you do not need to worry about adding additional components to your current computer system. Your system requirements include broadband internet access, Adobe Flash Player and speakers or headphones.
What does the ACT Live Online course cover?
- Techniques for picking numbers for problems with variables in the answer choices.
- Strategies for solving complicated geometry problems by breaking them into smaller parts.
- Tactics for translating difficult word problems.
- How to read a passage for structure rather than content.
- Approaches for quickly identifying the parts of a passage needed to answer a question.
- Techniques for answering questions with unfocused stems.
- An overview of the most common mistakes in sentence correction items.
- Spotting correct uses of idiomatic speech.
- The important role of punctuation in sentence correction items.
Science Reasoning Topics
- Techniques for extracting information from charts and graphs quickly and efficiently.
- Tips for comparing and contrasting two or more experiments or studies.
- Spotting positive and negative correlations in charts and graphs.
- Utilizing the process of elimination.
- Time management strategies.
- Reducing test anxiety.
- Recognizing common distractors.
What are the system requirements?
The Live Online ACT prep class is offered online using Adobe Connect. All you need is broadband internet access, speakers or headphones and Adobe Flash Player, which can be downloaded for free.
Course materials will be delivered directly to your home or arrangements can be made for you to pick them up at the Professional and Corporate Education. We recommend registering at least four days before the class begins to ensure timely delivery of your student package.
ACT Live Online
February 9 - March 29
4 - 6 p.m.
Cost: $399 per person*
*Cost includes textbook and materials.
A $50.00 deposit must be made to hold your place in this camp. The remaining balance is due one week prior to the start of camp. Payments can be made online or over the phone at 386-822-7500.
You may also register for this program by using the embedded links at the end of the page or contacting the Office of Continuing Education and Outreach at 386-822-7500, email@example.com