Stetson Sports Broadcasting Camp
Appropriate for high school juniors and seniors, incoming college freshmen and current Stetson students.
Campers who choose the residential experience enjoy all meals and supervised evening activities during the week. Day Campers will be on campus from 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. daily and will enjoy lunch each day.
Sports Broadcasting Camp
Through study and hands-on practice, camp students are trained in the fundamental principles, techniques, and craft of sports broadcasting. This is accomplished through a combination of lecture, demonstration, hands-on production and the students' own work. You will learn about the following during this week:
Introduction to Sportscasting and On-Camera Training
- Art of Interviewing Coaches and Athletes
- Play-by-Play Reporting
- Sports Show Hosting
- Hands-on Broadcast Camera Operation
- Hands-on Camera Setup, Balancing and Shading
- Learn to Operate the NewTek Replay Station
- Understanding Broadcast Audio
- Producing and Directing
Behind-the-Scenes Graphics Preparation Training
- Exercises in Adobe Premier and Photoshop
- ESPN Xpression Graphics Machine
- Exercises in Compiling Stats and Player Info
- Working with Templates and XL files
- And much much more.
By the end of the week, you will be able to produce and star in your own Stetson Broadcast Productions sports video.
Then if you enjoyed this week, you will have the opportunity to join our student game day crew for the 2019-2020 athletic season.
Stetson University offers a custom scholarship program that allows qualifying high school students the opportunity to earn funds for their education by participating in select camps and programs. Sign up at Raise.me and begin earning scholarship dollars for your financial aid package at Stetson! Through this program, participants currently in grades nine to 12 may qualify to earn $250.00 in scholarship dollars towards their portfolio under “Summer Programs.” A maximum of $750.00 dollars may be earned in this category, which allows participants to attend and earn scholarship dollars from up to three of Stetson University's Summer Programs.
What to Bring to Camp
- Comfortable clothing (shorts are fine)
- Sheets, blankets, pillows for a single bed
- Towels and washcloths
- Personal hygiene items
- Games, books and/or videos are welcome but not required
- Umbrella is encouraged (it will rain)
- A small amount of cash for evening activities, treats and bookstore items is encouraged
- Signed Stetson Release Form (under 18 must be signed by parent)
High School Juniors and Seniors, Incoming College Freshmen and Current Stetson Students
July 6-10, 2020
$295.00 per person
(Day Camp 9 a.m. - 4 p.m., includes lunch)
$595.00 per person
(Overnight accommodations, evening activities and all meals provided)
Payment in full is required at the time of registration to reserve your seat in this class. Payments can be made online or over the phone. For more information, please contact the Office of Continuing Education and Outreach at
386-822-7500 or firstname.lastname@example.org