Stetson Sports Broadcasting Camp - Online
Appropriate for high school and entering college students.
Sports Broadcasting Camp
Students are trained in the fundamental principles, techniques, and craft of sports broadcasting. This is accomplished through a combination of lecture, demonstration, hands-on production and the students' own work. You will learn about the following during this week:
Introduction to Sportscasting and On-Camera Training
- Art of Interviewing Coaches and Athletes
- Play-by-Play Reporting
- Sports Show Hosting
- Broadcast Camera Operation
- Camera Setup, Balancing and Shading
- Learn to Operate the NewTek Replay Station
- Understanding Broadcast Audio
- Producing and Directing
Behind-the-Scenes Graphics Preparation Training
- Exercises in Adobe Premier and Photoshop
- ESPN Xpression Graphics Machine
- Exercises in Compiling Stats and Player Info
- Working with Templates and XL files
- And much much more.
By the end of the week, you will be able to produce and star in your own Stetson Broadcast Productions sports video.
Then if you enjoyed this week, you will have the opportunity to join our student game day crew for the 2019-2020 athletic season.
Stetson University offers a custom scholarship program that allows qualifying high school students the opportunity to earn funds for their education by participating in select camps and programs. Sign up at Raise.me and begin earning scholarship dollars for your financial aid package at Stetson! Through this program, participants currently in grades nine to 12 may qualify to earn $250.00 in scholarship dollars towards their portfolio under Summer Programs. A maximum of $750.00 dollars may be earned in this category, which allows participants to attend and earn scholarship dollars from up to three of Stetson University's Summer Programs.
Day 1: Introduction to Stetson Broadcasting
Introduction to SBP
- Hello, meet the team
- Who are you?
- Crew Call Camera Setup
- An introduction to our camera equipment how we use them
Day 1 Quiz
Day 2: The Broadcast Trailer Venues
- Setting and color balancing camerasGraphics
- Trailer control center, switcher, stations, Xpressions graphics PowerPoint
- Alex Video from ESPN
- An introduction to broadcast audio
Day 2 Quiz
Day 3: Replay System Technical Directing
- An introduction to replay, PowerPoint, video, camera assignments into 4play, wingwarp
- An introduction to technical directing, tie in Xpressions and replayCommercials/Editing
- Prepping commercials for on-air playback
Day 3 Quiz
Day 4: On-Camera Talent Directing
On-Camera Talent Directing
- Directing, on-camera talent, different interview setups, pre-taping.Video Project
- Students will be provided a sports script to read and record on their iPhones
- Upload for review on the final day
Day 4 Quiz
Day 5: On-Camera Talent Review
Review Video Projects
- Will review submissions with ESPN graphics.
- Camp Completion Certificate
- Download/Print your camp completion certificate
High School and Entering College Students
July 6-10, 2020
$295.00 per person
Payment in full is required at the time of registration to reserve your seat in this class. Payments can be made online or over the phone. For more information, please contact the Office of Continuing Education and Outreach at
386-822-7500 or firstname.lastname@example.org