Praxis Core Math
Trying to get into a teacher preparation or certification program? The Praxis® Core Math test assesses basic mathematical skills and operations and measures critical thinking skills. The Praxis Core Math test is required or accepted for admission into many teacher prep programs and for teacher certification in most states.
Stetson University’s Test Prep program is partnered with Educational Testing Consultants, a leader in higher education test preparation. Each year, Educational Testing Consultants helps thousands of students at major colleges and universities across the United States prepare for standardized testing. Educational Testing Consultants provides a proven program with a record of success and highly trained, top-quality instructors.
What do Praxis Core Math Prep Classes Offer?
- Expert Instructors: Our test-prep instructors are highly trained professionals. Our experienced instructors know the Praxis and care about helping you achieve your goal.
- Proven Strategies: Stetson University’s curriculum was developed by test-prep experts, who have years of experience writing exam questions and preparing students for success.
- Superior Materials: The Praxis Core Math Prep Class includes a course workbook that provides topic review, strategy modeling, and sample questions for practice.
- Online Support: Our online support package for Praxis classes includes access to recordings of all class modules, an instructor-monitored question forum, targeted skills practice, and online office hours. Access to online resources continues for 30 days after your last day of class, so you will still have support for your independent practice after class is over.
- Convenient Scheduling: Live-online classes provide alternative schedules and the added benefit of taking the class from anywhere in the world.
- Value: The course fee includes all course materials, access to online resources, and instruction from a trained professional who cares about your success.
Praxis Core Math Prep Class Session Information
- Strategies for determining what the question is asking
- Approaches to math questions presented in abstract form
- Tactics for translating difficult real-world word problems into algebraic expressions or equations
- Review of the mathematical concepts tested on the Praxis Core Math
Praxis Core Math Prep Class Syllabus
- Session One: Overview; Decimals; Relative Value and Number Lines
- Session Two: Evaluating Expressions; Equations and Inequalities
- Session Three: Fractions, Rates and Percents; Graphs
- Session Four: Geometry; Probability and Statistics
Convenient Online Scheduling
Praxis Core Math Prep Classes are offered live-online, giving you the option to choose the schedule that works best for you. Enjoy the flexibility of attending class from anywhere or at any time. Our virtual classroom provides you with the opportunity to interact in real-time with our expert instructors and to re-watch the recordings of your class sessions at your convenience for up to 30 days after the course ends.
The live-online Praxis Core Math Prep Class is offered online using Adobe Connect, a free browser plug-in. You need only a high-speed internet connection and speakers or headphones.
Course materials will be delivered directly to your home. We recommend registering at least four (4) business days in advance of the class start date to ensure timely delivery of your student package.
Request a Custom Praxis Prep Class or Presentation
Stetson University’s Test Prep also offers customized Praxis Prep programs for schools, nonprofit organizations, and community groups. If you are an academic advisor, program director, admissions department, or community leader and would like details about our custom programs or would like to request a presentation, please call our professional staff at 386-822-7500.
Register For Praxis Core Math Prep Class
Praxis Core Math Prep Classes
October 21 - 30, 2019
Mondays and Wednesdays
9:00 p.m. - 11:30 p.m.
A $50.00 deposit must be made to hold your place in this camp. The remaining balance is due one week prior to the start of camp. Payments can be made online or over the phone at 386-822-7500.
*Cost includes textbook and materials
You may also register for this program by using the embedded links at the end of the page or contacting the Office of Continuing Education and Outreach at 386-822-7500, email@example.com