Stetson University is proud to partner with Cognition Builders to offer Adulting Bootcamp. Our Adulting Bootcamp is for every parent who wishes their teenager could take a crash course in growing up. In just a couple days, your high schooler will learn the specifics of managing their responsibilities -- old and new -- successfully and independently. Our fully interactive program will cover what’s not taught in high school, how study strategies change from high school to college, and how to navigate the unexpected challenges young adulthood brings. Students will learn the habits they need to be a college-ready, turn-key adult, including:
- How to get a scholarship
- How to make a good first impression
- How to do laundry at school
- How to find or start a club
- How to make solutions, not excuses
- How to show up to class when you don’t feel like going
- How to avoid all-nighters
- How to get your bearings, thrive on campus and in your neighborhood
- How to finish long-term assignments gradually
- How to navigate eating on campus
- How to write a professional email
- How to build relationships with professors
- How to get letters of reference
- How to take care of yourself; whether you’re sick, stressed, or just tired
- How to detach from video games and social media (when you need to)
- How to land an internship
Adulting Bootcamp gives teens the skills they need to become independent and successful young adults, and parents the peace of mind that their teen will make it in the real world.
Cognition Builders team members are experts in habit-formation, teaching the direct language and behavior students need to transition into college life and thrive. All students who participate will leave with an Adulting Bootcamp Manual that covers all topics taught in the course, in addition to those you’ll think about once the boot camp has ended. Students can also continue to work with Cognition Builders.
Bonus for Parents
While your teen learns the skills they need to become thriving adults, you’ll learn key parenting skills at no additional charge! Parents are invited to a one-day workshop on Friday, June 26, 2020 from 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. From instilling discipline to getting your teen out of bed and into an internship, we’ll share everything there is to know about parenting. In this one-day crash course, you'll tackle the many conundrums of raising adults: building independence while battling immaturity, maintaining accountability while teaching it and much more.
Lunch will be provided at no additional cost to the parent.
Pictures from the event will be on our Facebook page.
Dates: June 22-26, 2020
June 29 - July 3, 2020
$295.00 per person (Day Camp 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., includes daily lunch)
$595.00 per person (Overnight accommodations, evening activities and all meals provided)
*A $100.00 non-refundable deposit must be made to hold your place in this camp. The remaining balance is due 15 days prior to the start of camp. Payments can be made online or over the phone at 386-822-7500.