Stetson University is proud to partner with Cognition Builders to offer Adulting Bootcamp:
Cognition Builders’ Adulting Bootcamp is for every parent who wishes their teen or young adult could take a crash course in growing up. In just a few days, your high schooler or college contender will learn the specifics of managing their responsibilities — old and new — successfully and independently. Our fully interactive course covers all the practical realities of adulthood; things your teen won’t learn in high school. In the process, students practice the skills they need to become a turn-key adult, including:
- How to get a scholarship
- How to make a good first impression
- How to do laundry (at school or at home)
- How to find or start a club
- How to make solutions, not excuses
- How to show up to class when you don't feel like going
- How to avoid all-nighters
- How to get your bearings, thrive on campus, and in your neighborhood
- How to finish long-term assignments gradually
- How to navigate eating on campus
- How to write a professional email
- How to build relationships with professors, boss, and peers
- How to get letters of reference
- How to take care of yourself; whether you're sick, stressed, or just tired
- How to detach from your phone
- How to land an internship
In addition, each student leaves with Cognition Builders’ Adulting Bootcamp ebook. This 90+ page text covers every topic in the Bootcamp and more. In it, you’ll find practical, step-by-step, how-to guides on everything you need to know to become a successful young adult.
Adulting Bootcamp gives teens the skills they need to become independent and successful young adults, and parents the peace of mind that their teen will make it in the real world.
About Cognition Builders
Cognition Builders is an educational company that provides curricula-based instruction to individuals and families to address behavioral, emotional, social, academic, intellectual, and pragmatic needs. Our Family Architects, Cognitive Companions, and Educationists work in the natural environment in which problems occur — at home, in school, or even at a party — to provide real-time instruction and support. Students and families can continue to work with Cognition Builders after the Adulting Bootcamp has ended.
To learn more, visit: cognitionbuilders.com or email us at [email protected].
Bonus for Parents
While your teen learns the skills they need to become thriving adults, you'll learn key parenting skills at no additional charge! Parents are invited to a one-day workshop. From instilling discipline to getting your teen out of bed and into an internship, we'll share everything there is to know about parenting. In this one-day crash course, you'll tackle the many conundrums of raising adults: building independence while battling immaturity, maintaining accountability while teaching it and much more.
This is an overnight camp. Stetson University does not provide linens, towels or toiletries. Please remember to bring the following and anything else that will make your stay even more enjoyable.
- Sheets (Twin XL) – You can bring a sleeping bag if you would like
- Toiletries (Soap, shampoo, toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant)
- Shower shoes (if you desire)
- Glasses/contacts, solutions, and a case for contacts
- Linens are able to be rented at an additional cost.
July 18 - 20, 2022
*Select desired date to register
Canceled for Summer 2022
A Non-refundable $50.00 deposit is required at the time of registration to reserve your seat in this class. Payments can be made online or over the phone. For more information, please contact the Office of Continuing Education and Outreach at
386-822-7500 or [email protected]