DELAND, Florida, Aug. 15, 2019 - Stetson University School of Business Administration has announced the addition of six new faculty members and the appointment of three new program directors for the Fall 2019 semester.
DELAND, Florida, Aug. 7, 2019 - Stetson University has been recognized as one of the leading undergraduate institutions in the nation by The Princeton Review for the fifth year in a row. This honor, given to only about 15% of America's four-year colleges, appears in the 2020 edition of "The Best 385 Colleges."
DELAND, Florida, Jun 24, 2019 -Stetson University has named Jason Evans, Ph.D., as the interim executive director of the Institute for Water and Environmental Resilience (IWER). His role begins on Aug. 15. Evans will fill the position while Stetson searches for a permanent replacement for Clay Henderson, J.D., is retiring.
- Photo: Clay Henderson
- Image credit: Stetson University
- Photo: Sandra Stetson Aquatic Center Exterior Image - The Sandra Stetson Aquatic Center opened on Feb. 14, 2019. The two-story building is the home of the Institute for Water and Environmental Resilience and Stetson University's rowing teams.
- Image credit: Stetson University
- Photo: Sandra Stetson Aquatic Center Interior Image - The Sandra Stetson Aquatic Center is situated next to scenic Lake Beresford.
DELAND, Florida, June 4, 2019 - Stetson University Provost and Executive Vice President Noel Painter, Ph. D., announced today that Stetson University has selected Elizabeth Skomp, Ph.D., as the next dean of the College of Arts and Sciences, following a nation-wide search. Skomp is expected to join Stetson in her new capacity beginning mid-July.
- Photo: Elizabeth Skomp, Ph.D.
- Image credit: Stetson University
DELAND, Florida, May 16, 2019 - Stetson University selected Bonita Dukes as associate vice president of Facilities Management, stepping in for Al Allen who recently retired after nine years in the position.
- Photo: Bonita Dukes
- Image credit: Stetson University
DELAND, Florida, May 15, 2019 - James E.C. Perry, former justice of the Florida Supreme Court, will discuss search and seizure at Florida schools during the Nina B. Hollis Educational Leadership Center’s inaugural Leadership Symposium “Safety, Security and the Law in Today’s Schools” at Stetson University, Monday, June 17.
- Photo: Former Florida Supreme Court Justice James E.C. Perry
- Image credit: Courtesy of the Florida Supreme Court
- Photo: Glen B. Epley, Ph.D.
- Image credit: Stetson University
- Photo: Mercy Roberg, J.D.
- Image credit: Stetson University
- Leadership - Center for Excellence in Higher Education Law and Policy
- Glen B. Epley's Faculty Profile
DELAND, Florida, May 8, 2019 - The Stetson University Board of Trustees approved the nominations of two new trustees, Laurel (Laurie) Kent and Lila Jaber. Kent is joining the full board after serving since 2015 as an ex-officio trustee while chair of the College of Arts and Sciences Advisory Board. Lila Jaber is with the firm Gunster, Yoakley and Stewart, and is known for her expertise in public affairs, energy, natural gas, water, telecommunications and broadband policies. She was previously chair of the Florida Public Service Commission under then-Governor Jeb Bush.
DELAND, Florida, May 7, 2019 - For the fifth time since 2010, Moody’s Investor Service is affirming Stetson University’s A3 rating and outlook as stable. Moody’s issued its annual outlook on Stetson University on Monday and affirmed Stetson University's A3 rating on Series 2015 revenue bonds issued through the Volusia County Educational Facility Authority.
DELAND, Florida, May 2, 2019 - Stetson University expects to graduate 991 students at its 133rd commencement ceremonies next week, setting a new record for the university. The previous record was set in 2017 with 879 graduating students. As in the last couple of years, the graduate and undergraduate ceremonies will be separate.
DELAND, Florida, April 26, 2019 - Stetson University School of Business Administration hosted a celebratory event recently to commemorate the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program securing $2 million in tax refunds for local families over the past nine years. Cosponsored by the United Way of Volusia-Flagler Counties, Stetson’s M.E. Rinker, Sr. Institute of Tax and Accountancy and Stetson’s Center for Community Engagement, the VITA program’s volunteers helped file more than 2,000 tax returns, at no charge, for low-income families in the community.
- Photo: Stetson University student volunteers celebrate the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program securing $2 million in tax refunds for local families over the past nine years. From L to R: Alexus Woods, Van Tran, Joshua Finkelstein, Caroline Skinner (SoBA employee and VITA volunteer), Remi Lavers, Ivy Nguyen, Zel Soe, Clarissa O’Connell, Nick Pezeshkan, Matthew Holden, Ian Anderson and Mark West (accounting instructor and VITA volunteer).
DELAND, Florida, April 24, 2019 – Stetson University students took home a first place and two second place wins at the International Business Ethics and Sustainability Case Competition (IBECC) held recently in Los Angeles, Calif.
DELAND, Florida, April 18, 2019 – Ever the watchful defender of Florida's precious water resources, the Institute for Water and Environmental Resilience (IWER) at Stetson University and other Volusia Water Alliance members and area organizations are joining forces to educate the community about the significance of water, one of the most important natural resources, during The Water Festival on Saturday, April 27, 10 a.m.-4 p.m., on West Indiana Avenue in downtown DeLand. The family-friendly event is free and open to the public.
- Photo: Dr. Benjamin Tanner Field Research Image 1: Benjamin Tanner, Ph.D., assistant professor of environmental science and studies at Stetson University, processes samples from a piston core collected in Ichetucknee Springs State Park within the spring run in Fort White, Florida.
- Photo: Dr. Benjamin Tanner Field Research Image 2: Benjamin Tanner, Ph.D., assistant professor of environmental science and studies at Stetson University, collects cores at Fanning Springs State Park in Fanning Springs, Florida.
DELAND, Florida, April 17, 2019 – Benjamin Tanner, Ph.D., assistant professor of environmental science and studies at Stetson and the focus area leader for climate adaptation at the Institute for Water and Environmental Resilience, will discuss his recent research during his presentation "Environmental Change in Florida's Springs and Sinks: Lessons from the Muck" during a Science Café on Thursday, April 25, 7-8:30 p.m., at the Gillespie Museum on Stetson University’s campus. The event, which is part of the museum’s Earth Week 2019 celebration, is free and open to the public.
Photo, courtesy of the Volusia Water Alliance: Shelley Gentile, the Institute for Water and Environmental Resilience's program manager, educates the community about water conservation during The Water Festival
DELAND, Florida, April 11, 2019 - Cyberattacks are the fastest growing crime in the United States, and they are increasing in size, sophistication and cost. Cybersecurity expenditures are also increasing at a rapid pace as the rise of cybercrime continues to accelerate around the world, increasing the need for a cybersecurity workforce.
DELAND, Florida, April 10, 2019 - The Burmese python is one of the largest snakes in the world and a native of southeast Asia. For more than 15 years, the gigantic snake has decimated species and become the ruling reptile in the Florida Everglades.
- Photo: Dead Pygmy Rattlesnake and Pentastome Parasites - The image features a dead pygmy rattlesnake with parasitic worms crawling out of its mouth.
- Photo: Dr. Terence Farrell - Image courtesy of Stetson University
- Photo: Pygmy Rattlesnake Lung Flush - The photo features (l-r) biology junior Jenna Palmisano, Ryan McCleary, Ph.D., Brown visiting teacher-scholar fellow in biology and biology senior Maddy Wheeler conducting a lung flush to obtain a parasite egg sample from the lung of an anesthetized pygmy rattlesnake. The lung flush determines if the snakes have mature parasites in the lungs. The procedure involves putting a saline solution in the lung and then withdrawing it and microscopically examining the solution for eggs.
- YouTube: Pentastome Parasites in Dead Rattlesnake
- YouTube: Pentastome in Pygmy Rattlesnake Wellehan
DELAND, Florida, April 9, 2019 - The Presidential Search Committee for Stetson University has announced that Witt/Kieffer has been retained to support the committee’s search for Stetson’s next president.
DELAND, Florida, April 4, 2019 – Earth Day has been educating communities about environmental protection in the United States for nearly 50 years and internationally since 1990. In DeLand, young environmental scientists can experience the annual Earth Day celebration and final Science Saturday during the spring semester at Gillespie Museum on Stetson University’s campus, Saturday, April 13, 10 a.m.-noon.
DELAND, Florida, April 3, 2019 - Stetson University will end its 113th season with Oscar Wilde's final comic masterpiece, "The Importance of Being Earnest," directed by guest artist Walter Kmiec. The play, which features mistaken identity, hilarious snobbery and forbidden love, will run from April 11-14, at Stetson University's Second Stage Theatre in the Museum of Art - DeLand, 600 N. Woodland Blvd.
ORLANDO, FL – April 3, 2019 – AdventHealth University (AHU) and Stetson University are partnering to offer an innovative, dual-degree, online program leading students to degrees in both a Master of Healthcare Administration in Strategy & Innovation (MHA-SI) and a Master of Business Administration (MBA).
- Photo: Wendy B. Libby, Ph.D., President of Stetson University
- Photo: Benita David, D.B.A., Healthcare Administration Department Chair at AHU
DELAND, Florida, April 1, 2019 – Heather Evans-Anderson, Ph.D., assistant professor of health sciences at Stetson University, is the recipient of a PALM Network fellowship and the 2019 Willa Dean Lowery grant.
DELAND, Florida, March 28, 2019 – The Stetson Promise, a new academic opportunity for Stetson University students, is a four-year graduation plan that allows students to graduate in four years or less, or the university may pick up tuition costs.
DELAND, Florida, March 28, 2019 – Stetson University’s Roland George Investments Program (RGIP) held its 10th public trustee meeting with some lively debates taking place as seven seniors pitched stocks they believed to be worthy of the program’s $100,000 investment.
DELAND, Florida, March 25, 2019 – Bob Graham dedicated his life and career to public service for nearly 40 years. He served as Florida's governor, senator and state representative, and is one of the most accomplished politicians in Florida's history.
DELAND, Florida, March 21, 2019 – Experience light, motion, sound and flames during Science Saturday's Physics Extravaganza and Fluorescent Minerals at the Gillespie Museum on Stetson University’s campus, Saturday, March 30, 10 a.m.-noon. The free event will include a wide variety of physics activities and demonstrations for young scientists.
DELAND, Florida, March 21, 2019 – Computer coding is used to create apps and phones, robots and other gadgets with technology, which is one of the most important skills in the world today. The Greater Central Florida Tech Faire + HatterHacks at Stetson University, hosted by Stetson HackerSpace, the university's official computer science club, is planting a technology building seed by providing high school and college students with an opportunity to collaborate in computer science challenges and workshops, tech talks, a code competition, gaming tournament and other activities during its fourth annual spring hackathon.
DELAND, Florida, March 21, 2019 - On college campuses across the country, conversations about race, politics and other issues have become flashpoints in the debate over free speech. Public clashes between ideologies and individuals on college campuses became so frequent that in December 2017 Stetson University President Wendy B. Libby, Ph.D., convened a task force to develop a university statement affirming academic freedom and civil discourse.
DELAND, Florida, March 21, 2019 – Stetson University’s School of Business Administration Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) Program has undergone a comprehensive redesign that allows unprecedented flexibility, personalization and program accessibility for students with differing lifestyles.
DELAND, Florida, March 20, 2019 - The invaluable life lessons that social justice activist Ndaba Mandela learned from his beloved and iconic grandfather, Nelson Mandela, are ingrained in him forever. Mandela is keeping his grandfather's legacy alive by introducing him to a new generation.
DELAND, Florida, March 15, 2019 – Stetson University Community Education Project (CEP) is launching Rethinking Incarceration, an initiative designed to promote dialogue on mass incarceration, prison reform, human rights, political engagement and systemic oppression.
DELAND, Florida, March 13, 2019 – Anthony Ray Hinton spent 30 years on Alabama’s death row for crimes he did not commit.
DELAND, Florida, March 13, 2019 – Following a nationwide search, Stetson University Executive Vice President and Provost Noel Painter, Ph.D., announced the appointment of Michèle Alexandre, a noted civil rights, gender and race scholar, and author of “The New Frontiers of Civil Rights Litigation,” as the next dean of Stetson University College of Law in Gulfport, Florida.
DELAND, Florida, March 11 - 2019 - The Stetson University Board of Trustees today announced the members of the university's Presidential Search Committee following the retirement announcement from President Wendy B. Libby, Ph.D.
DELAND, Florida, March 6, 2019 – Stetson University students won $33,500 at two different student entrepreneur pitch competitions held this past weekend. Sophomore Bryson Pritchard seized first place in both competitions.
DELAND, Florida, Feb. 26, 2019 – Wake Forest students took the top spot in the annual Templeton Business Ethics Case Competition held at Stetson University Feb. 21-22.
DELAND, Florida., Feb. 18, 2019 – Stetson University School of Business Administration has announced a partnership with Gartner, a leading research and advisory company based in Stamford, Connecticut, for sponsorship of the Centurion Sales competition team.
DELAND, Florida, Feb. 15, 2019 – Wendy B. Libby, Ph.D., today announced her decision to retire as president of Stetson University in June 2020 after 11 years in the top leadership role. Libby became Stetson’s ninth president in July 2009 and its first female president since the university was founded in 1883.
DELAND, Florida, Feb. 12, 2019 - Stetson University and Seminole State College have signed an articulation agreement that will allow Seminole State students graduating with an Associate of Arts in accounting to seamlessly complete their Bachelor of Business Administration in the accounting program at Stetson’s School of Business Administration.
DELAND, Florida., Feb. 7, 2019 – Stetson University School of Business Administration announced that the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program will be offered on the DeLand campus to eligible taxpayers from now until April 12.
DELAND, Florida, Feb. 6, 2019 – Stetson University School of Business Administration announced the continuation of Entrepreneurship Thursdays a seminar series featuring nationally recognized speakers, pitch competitions, and startup advice.
- Stetson University Researcher Says Smoking in Films Does Not Influence Teens to Pick Up Habit
- Stetson University Offers New CFP Board-Registered Program in Financial Planning
- Stetson University's NBHIER Launches New Journal on Education Reform
- Stetson University HackerSpace Presents Website Building Workshop
- Rembrandt Exhibit at Stetson University's Hand Art Center Examines Authenticity of Legendary Artist's Etchings
- Gillespie Museum Exhibit Showcases Florida Calcite's Beauty and Diversity
- Stetson Theatre Arts Presents Award-Winning Drama 'Circle Mirror Transformation'
- Stetson University First in Florida to Offer College Credit for AICPA's High School Advanced Accounting Course
- 2 Stetson University Faculty Receive International Recognition
- Stetson Student Takes Second at Global Pitch Competition
- Stan Van Gundy to Join Stetson University Sport Business Program, More New Instructors Include Rob Neal, Bud Hanson
- High school students have an opportunity to learn computer science skills at Stetson University's Hackerspace
- Gillespie Museum Celebrates 60th Anniversary
- Stetson University Students Pitch Top Stock Buys
- Jason Evans to Discuss Problems, Solutions for 'State of Watery Peril' at Volusia Water Alliance symposium
- Stetson University Research Grants Provide Educational Opportunities for Youth
- 10th Annual Mostly Green Halloween at Gillespie Museum
- Two Local Companies Sponsor Stetson Centurion Sales Labs
- Stetson University Reaches Record Undergraduate Enrollment – Again
- Stetson University Professor Dr. Kirsten Work to Present Research on Variation in Freshwater Fish Assemblages Between Springs Nationwide
- Stetson University Grad Students No. 1 in State for CPA Test
- Stetson University Ranked Number 5 by U.S. News & World Report
- Multimedia Exhibit by Anni Holm Explores Impact of 9/11 Terrorist Attacks on U.S. Immigration
- Stetson University Continues the Christmas Candlelight Concert Tradition with New Location
- Stetson University Computer Science Competition Receives $2,000 Grant
- Stetson University Welcomes Air Force ROTC Program to Campus This Fall
- Stetson University Seeks Proposals on Sustainable Farming
- Prince Entrepreneurship Program Kicks off Fall Seminar Series
- The Princeton Review Names Stetson University One of The Best 384 Colleges for 4th Year in a Row
- Stetson University Receives $210,000 Grant for Prison Education Project
- Stetson University Board of Trustees Elects Four New Members
- Blasting a Way into Crime or Just Clean Fun?
- Stetson University Names Fernandez New Executive Director of Graduate Programs
- Stetson University Celebrates 132nd Commencement
- Stetson University Concert Choir Kicks Off Spring Tour Sunday
- Stetson University Board of Trustees Approves Capital Improvements Budget, Celebrates Environmental Impact Reductions
- Breakiron-Evans, Brenner Enter Stetson University Accounting Hall of Fame
- Stetson University Hatters Unveil New Athletics Logo
- Stetson University to Celebrate 132nd Commencement Next Week
- Stetson University Recognizes Local Entrepreneurs at Awards Ceremony
- Earth Day Fair Kicks Off Two Weeks of Environmental Fun at Stetson University
- Stetson University Ethics Team Takes First, Second at IBECC
- Stetson University Receives $18M Gift for Science, Health Education
- Stetson University Wins Cairns Innovation Challenge
- Stetson University Wins Top Rookie Program in National Sales Competition
- Hackathon Media Alert
- Koestner Joins Stetson Students to Take Back the Night
- Caudill to Speak about Gravitational Waves at Stetson University
- Mission-Driven Leadership: Understanding the Challenges Facing Schools Today
- Florida Humanities Speaker Series to Conclude at Stetson University with a Cultural and Historical Look at Rain
- Stetson University Selects Sam Friedman as Hillel Director
- Stetson University Students Unveil Stock Picks
- Stetson University Welcomed into CFA Institute University Affiliation Program
- 2018 Poverty and Homelessness Conference at Stetson University
- Tim Wu to Present 'Is First Amendment Obsolete?' at Stetson University
- Southern Religion in Global Contexts: Lectures at Stetson University
- Stetson University Holds VITA Celebration
- Stetson University Hosts Templeton Business Ethics Case Competition
- Stetson University Student Takes Second at Southeast Entrepreneurship Conference
- Advance Media Preview of "A Better Nectar" Art Exhibit at Stetson University
- Stetson University Announces VITA Dates for 2018
- Prince Entrepreneurship Program Kicks off Seminar Series
Stetson University on Twitter
Contact for: Topics about or fields of study with the School of Music or the College of Arts and Science: visual art, environmental science, biology, chemistry, digital arts, psychology, computer science, public health, religious studies, theatre arts, education and other topics
Contact for: Topics about or fields of study within the School of Business Administration: accounting, finance, sales, management, international business, entrepreneurship, Roland George program, data analytics and other topics
AVP, Marketing Communications
Contact for: University-wide topics, the business of the university, reaching administrators, questions about higher education in general or laws affecting higher education, crisis communications and other topics
Assistant Director of Media Relations
Contact for: Topics or fields of study related to the College of Law: U.S. Constitution, U.S. Supreme Court, advocacy, environmental law, veterans law, elder law, immigration and other topics
For sports information, please contact the Athletics Communications Team.