- Visit Academic programs, look through the Stetson Catalog, and read through the general information and course descriptions for a particular major.
- Talk to a student who is in a major that you are interested in. Or, talk to someone who has a job that you would like to have. See what their major was and the steps they took to get where they are today. This is called an INFORMATIONAL INTERVIEW. *Remember to search on Stetson's Career Networking System for alumni who are willing to help you with an informational interview.
- Read about career profiles. There are lots of resources out there that can help you learn more about specific careers:
- Occupational Outlook Handbook http://www.bls.gov/ooh/
- FOCUS (keycode: hatter) https://www.focuscareer2.com/Portal/Login.cfm?SID=597
- Wetfeet: Career Profiles http://www.wetfeet.com/
- Get That Gig: Includes One-On-One Interviews with Career Professionals: http://www.getthatgig.com/
- JobProfiles.org http://www.jobprofiles.org/
REMEMBER: You can always make an appointment with a Career Development counselor. Please call 386-822-7315 or stop by Flagler Hall, Room 102 to schedule a convenient time to meet.