Identify and articulate one's skills, strengths, knowledge and experience relevant to career goals and desired positions and identify areas necessary for professional growth. Navigate and explore job options or graduate/professional school programs, understand the steps necessary to pursue opportunities and understand how to self-advocate for opportunities in the workplace. Build a network of contacts and mentors to guide career growth and create possible future chances.
The Stetson Career Navigation Rubric and related rubrics from other universities and organizations to assess career navigation learning and development are provided below.
- Stetson University Career Navigation Rubric: Self-Awareness, Exploration, Decision-Making for Career and Grad School Word l PDF
- Stetson University Career Navigation Rubric: Gap Analysis, Goal Setting and Action Planning Word l PDF
- Stetson University Career Navigation Rubric: Networking, Resume, Letter, Essay, Searching for Job and Grad School, Interviewing, Follow-Up and Negotiating Word l PDF
- National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) Interview Rubric
- NACE Resume Rubric
- NACE Cover Letter Rubric
- UNC-Wilmington Personal Development Plan Rubric
- Rollins College Career Preparation Rubric