Alumni Board Nomination
Stetson University Alumni Board Nomination
Thank you for your interest in the Stetson University Alumni Board. The Stetson University Alumni Board serves as the advisory board to the University’s Alumni Association, and to the Office of Alumni and Parent Engagement. The Alumni Board seeks candidates who are Stetson graduates, proven leaders, are experienced in working in a collaborative environment and are committed to serving as a Stetson University representative in their communities.
To be eligible for nomination candidates:
- Must be alumni of Stetson University
- Must commit to attending three Board meetings a year in-person or virtual and to participate on a board committee throughout the year
- Should display a history of leadership and service to Stetson University
- Should be willing to serve as a representative for the university in his or her community
- Display the ability to think strategically and collaborate with others
- Should annually philanthropically support the University
- Cannot have previously served two full terms on the Alumni Board without a 1 year roll-off
About the Alumni Board
- The Board consists of no more than 35 elected board members
- The Board serves as representatives of the Alumni Association and advises the office of Alumni and Parent Engagement and University Leadership on behalf of the Alumni Association
- Members serve a three-year term(s)
Once a nomination is received, a Stetson University Office of Alumni and Parent Engagement staff member will send the nominee a letter notifying him or her of their nomination along with an Alumni Board Application form. Additional letters of support are recommended but not mandatory.
The nomination deadline is October 31 each year for consideration for membership for the next Fiscal Year beginning July 1 each year. Contact Stetson University's Office of Alumni and Parent Engagement [email protected] with any questions.