New Hatter Fast Track Days
Stetson University invites you (and your family) to a special day just for #newhatters. Our New Hatter Fast Track Days are designed to help you jumpstart your Stetson experience. These optional days are held throughout the summer and are the perfect chance for you to make connections with departments on campus as well as with other students all while taking care of any open business prior to move-in day.
The health and safety of our students is always a top priority at Stetson, which is why all of the Fast Track Days this summer will be a virtual experience.
Join us on Wednesday, July 1 from 6 - 7 PM ET for a university panel discussion and Q&A on Fall 2020 planning. This webinar will be hosted by the university’s Safer Campus Task Force and academic working groups. Register Now.
Upcoming New Hatter Fast Track Days
New Hatter Fast Track Days will be held virtually from 1:00 p.m. - 3:15 p.m. ET. Once registered, students are encouraged to take advantage of the following opportunities:
1:00 -1:30 p.m. ET - Advising Session with your Personal New Hatter Summer Advisor:
You will be assigned small group sessions to connect with your very own personal New Hatter Summer Advisor. They will provide you with information, how to schedule appointments with them and review the outline of the class registration process.
- College of Arts and Science
- College of Arts and Science: Discovery (Undecided)
- School of Business (including Discovery: Business)
- School of Music
1:45 - 2:15 p.m. ET - Learning more about Stetson
Experience one of four breakout sessions to learn more about Stetson and prepare for your arrival to campus! Select one of the following sessions to attend.
- Residential Living and Learning
- Student Life: Life at Stetson
- Financial Aid and Bursar's Office: How to Review your Aid
- Faculty Panel: Academics at Stetson
2:30 - 3:15 p.m. ET - Stetson Cultural Credit Experiences
While at Stetson you will need 24 Cultural Credits to graduate from Stetson beyond your academic requirements from your major. Join us as you will earn your first cultural credit that you will be able to put towards graduation! Select one of the following sessions:
- Leadership: Building your Strengths
- Take the first step to become a leader at Stetson! Learn about opportunities to grow in your leadership skills and apply for leadership roles across campus. We will discover many of the opportunities and help you take the first steps while exploring the Paradigm for Leadership Development. Presenter(s): Lizzie Dement
- Level Up Your Success
- Learn how to Level Up your Stetson experience by being prepared for the academic transition and student employment opportunities. Explore the skills and competencies sought out by employers to achieve that dream internship. Meet with professional staff and current students who will help demystify the transition to Stetson. Presenter(s): Elizabeth Boggs, Nora Huth, Stephanie Pothoff
- Getting to know DeLand
- Welcome to DeLand, Florida! In this presentation you will learn about the community that will be your home during your time as a student at Stetson University. This presentation will educate students on the cultural history of DeLand and provide opportunities to engage in the DeLand community. Presenter(s): Savannah-Jane Griffin, other professional staff members from Community Engagement and Diversity and Inclusion
* Just as on campus, attendance will be taken throughout and confirmed at the end of the session to award you the credit. Select one of the following sessions. Credit will be posted later this summer on your Stetson Degree Audit that can be found through your My.Stetson account.
New Hatter Checklist Requirements:
Each of the below items are requirements from our New Hatter Checklist. More information and links to the following forms are found on the Starting at Stetson website.
- Optional Placement Testing: Placement Exams are not required for all students. Please review the Placement Testing website to determine if you need to take a placement exam.
- Immunization Forms: Please print out the immunization form and take it to your doctor to complete. Students who have not submitted this form may email it to Health Services at firstname.lastname@example.org. Immunization forms are required to register for classes and need to be completed ahead of time in order to submit to Health Services.
The following documents can be completed electronically at my.stetson.edu:
- Personal Data and Advising Form (PDA): Students who have not submitted this form may complete it electronically.
- Health History Form: Students who have not submitted this form may complete it electronically.