New Hatter Frequently Asked Questions
Below is a series of questions frequently asked by incoming students and their family members. If you have any further questions, comments or concerns, please contact the Academic Advising office at firstname.lastname@example.org
When will I get my Personal Identification Number (PIN) for classes?
- Incoming students starting in the Fall will receive their PIN the second Monday after commencement. For 2017, this date is May 22.
What forms do I need to fill out to get my PIN?
- In order to be PIN Ready you need to complete three things on your New-Hatter Checklist:
- PDA (Personal Data and Advising) Form
- Health History Form
- Immunization Form
I want to change my major, what do I do?
- For incoming students who change their majors prior to beginning at Stetson simply notify your New Hatter Advisor who will work with you to change it via the Registrar’s Office.
When will my AP/IB/AICE scores come in?
- These scores usually come in by late July. If students are enrolled in a course that becomes a duplicate with the acceptance of these scores, the students will be notified and a correction will be made.
I am a Discovery major, how do I pick my classes?
- Discovery is not a major; it is a program that allows undecided students the time and space to explore possible majors. All incoming students will receive a full schedule from Advising based on the information provided in the PDA.
Who has to take an FSEM?
- If you completed your AA while still enrolled in high school (via dual enrollment), then you are still required to take an FSEM.
- If you completed your AA AND at least 1 semester at another institution after completion of high school, you do not need an FSEM.
- If you transfer in less than 24 credit hours you do need to take an FSEM.
I am a transfer student, when do I get my courses?
- All incoming students who have completed all requirements will begin receiving schedules May 22.
How do I get an appointment with my New Hatter Advisor?
- Access the Stetson SSC from the Student Life tab on My.Stetson. Once logged on, select “Schedule an Appointment,” then select “Academic Advising.” A drop down menu will appear and you are asked to select the option that best fits your needs.
I am not a music major but I still want to participate in an ensemble.
- All ensembles are open to students regardless of major.
I am not a music major but I still want to take lessons.
- Students wanting to take private instruction on voice or an instrument must pass an audition with appropriate faculty in the School of Music. Contact Hannah Austin to schedule this audition and to learn about the audition process. Email: email@example.com, Phone: 386-822-8975
Can I change my schedule?
Students will have the opportunity to work with their New Hatter Advisors to change their schedule if needed.
How do I buy textbooks?
Follow the instructions on how to purchase your textbooks.