End-of-year awards for Staff
May 14, 2014
The Quality of Service Council annually recognizes individuals who have distinguished themselves among the Stetson community in 10 categories. Congratulations to the outstanding Stetson University DeLand campus staff who won this year’s service awards.
This year’s recipients are:
- Adapter of the Year – A flexible individual who adjusts quickly and readily to changes within the department due to evolving technology, new schedules or other job responsibilities: Linda Zack, Acquisitions Specialist, duPont-Ball Library.
- Communicator of the Year – An individual who is able to convey information in such a clear manner that it is satisfactorily received by all segments of the Stetson community: Dee A. Carpenter, Administrative Specialist III, Office of Public Safety.
- Mentor of the Year – An admired individual, who has supported, guided and encouraged others with their careers at Stetson: Tara Jones, Director of Financial Aid.
- Money Saver of the Year – An individual who has effectively reduced costs for his/her department or the university: Brian L. Johnson, Bursar.
- Morale Builder of the Year – A positive individual who consistently boosts the spirits of others with friendliness, enthusiasm and encouragement: RC Stabile, Residential Life Coordinator, Department of Housing and Residential Life.
- Problem Solver of the Year – A solution finder; the co-worker people call when something goes wrong, or when they have a question or situation for which they don’t have an answer: Debbie Tate, Administrative Assistant, Campus Life and Student Success.
- P.A.R. Award – An individual who embodies the three characteristics of this award – Professionalism, Attitude and Reliability: Sandee Farrington, Executive Assistant to the Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences.
- Volunteer of the Year – An individual whose passion and actions exemplify commitment to service of others: Sidney P. Johnston, Foundations Relations Officer, Grants, Sponsored Research and Strategic Initiatives.
- Extra Mile Award - An individual who goes beyond their job description to help others when needed without complaint or expectation: Nancy K. Kernan, Administrative Specialist II – Summer Innsbruck Program, Department of Marketing, School of Business Administration.
- Spirit of Stetson - Chosen by Council as the one employee who embodies the true spirit of Stetson University every day and who has traits of several of the award categories. This person is a representation of Stetson University’s core values: Amy Dedes, Assistant Director, Office of Alumni Engagement.
- (Pictured above, left to right, front row: Linda Zack, Dee Carpenter, Debbie Tate, RC Stabile. Back row: Amy Dedes, Sidney Johnston, Brian Johnson, Nancy Kernan. Missing: Tara Jones Sandee Farrington.)
- by Grace Aguda