IGNITE kicks off Homecoming Week!
Stetson’s first football pre-game bonfire in over 50 years, “Ignite,” kicks off Homecoming 2013 at 10 p.m., tonight, Monday, Nov. 4! Arrive early to secure your spot and your s’mores for this historic event, featuring the Orlando Magic’s Rhythm and Blue drum line. Before the stack is lit, join the Stetson community in a brief pep rally and speeches from football team captains.
Be sure to check out the full schedule of events. Here are some highlights:
- “Ignite,” 10 p.m., Forest of Arden (Behind Sampson Hall)
- Help us “ignite” Homecoming week by attending Stetson University’s first bonfire.
- Greenfeather Day of Service (afternoon)
- Small individual service opportunities will be available around campus. Group service projects will be available at the Center for Community Engagement.
- Nights Out (evening)
- Mention “Greenfeather” when ordering a pizza from Papa John’s Pizza and a portion of all sale proceeds will be donated to the Greenfeather campus organization. This promotion is open to all members of the Stetson University community, including alumni, faculty, staff and students.
- Stetson’s Got Talent!, 9 p.m. – 11 p.m., Lee Chapel
- We’re featuring the best of Stetson! Come watch students, sing, dance and show off their talent.
- Airwaves, 7 p.m. – 9 p.m., Edmunds Center
- It’s time for Stetson University organizations to put on their dancing shoes and take us on a journey of Stetson University through the years. Buy your tickets at the Edmunds Center’s ticket window the night of the event, or at the HUB in the CUB located on the second floor of the Carlton Union Building.
- Alumni Registration, all afternoon
- Stop by the Meadows Alumni House to pick up your Hatter Pass, registration packet, tailgate kit and tickets to events. If you haven’t registered for the weekend yet, be sure to stop by and do so!
- Hatter Howl Carnival, 4 p.m. – 8 p.m., Rinker Field
- Rinker Field will be alive with games, rides and all the fun of a carnival!
- A Florida Original: Celebrating T. Wayne Bailey’s 50 Years at Stetson
- A true Southern dinner, honoring Dr. Bailey and his service to Stetson University. Testimonials from faculty, staff and students will be part of this celebratory event.
- Hatter Howl Pep Rally, 8 p.m., Edmunds Center
- It’s time to cheer on the Hatters! Hear from President Libby and players from the past!
- Comedy Central on Campus Featuring Nick Kroll, 8:30 p.m., Edmunds Center
- Comedy Central is coming to campus! Nick Kroll (Comedy Central, The League, Get Him to the Greek, Little Fockers and The Chappelle Show) and friends are providing 90 minutes of non-stop laughter. The comedy show is FREE. No ticket is required for entry.
- Fireworks, 10:15 p.m., Rinker Field
- Indoor Tailgate at the Armory, 11 a.m.
- Sponsored by Brian Hill ’85 and Brian’s BBQ, this indoor tailgate is the place to be for the pre-game festivities! By purchasing your 2013 Hatter Pass, you gain entrance into the DeLand Armory and will receive one food ticket and one drink ticket, redeemable for a frosty beverage!
- Hatter Village, noon, Alabama Ave.
- Beginning three hours before kick-off, Hatter Village will open on Alabama Avenue between Hubbard and Euclid avenues. Enjoy food, drinks and a great college football atmosphere. Also, enjoy sponsor booths and giveaways, inflatables, live music, and appearances by the Hatter Band and Spirit Groups.
- Hatter Walk, 12:15 p.m., Alabama Ave.
- Greet the Hatters and cheer them on as the team enters the stadium.
- Homecoming King and Queen will be announced, as well as the Greenfeather Cup overall winner.
For a full schedule of events and more information on Homecoming, visit http://www.stetson.edu/homecoming.
Be sure to like the Stetson Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/stetsonhomecoming