‘Good Day, Orlando’ live Friday at Stetson
The Stetson community is invited to share in the excitement and enjoy new moments of fame in front of the Carlton Union Building, any time between 6 a.m. and 10 a.m. We hope Stetson’s students, faculty and staff will display their Hatter Pride through their smiling faces on television.
The following points of interest about Stetson will be highlighted on Friday morning:
- Coach Roger Hughes and some of his Hatter football team members
- Mascot John B and the Hatter Cheerleaders
- The Hatter Band, with director Dr. Douglas Phillips
- President Wendy Libby updating information on all the university’s good news
- Vice president of student affairs Chris Kandus-Fisher touring the Clarion Hotel, which is subbing as a res hall for Stetson’s overflow student population
- Basketball Coach Corey Williams discussing the Hatters’ upcoming season
- Biology Professor Missy Gibbs and her class conducting research on the detrimental effects armored catfish at Blue Spring have on the manatee population living there. Pictured, Fox reporter Derrol Nail at Blue Spring, shows off an armored catfish.
- SparkFun RV team and Innovation Center leader Dr. Bill Ball, and several students showing off creative scientific fun.
- Dr. Tim Peter and the Stetson Chorale thrilling the audience with beautiful music
- Stetson’s Equestrian Club Sport
- Facts about Stetson’s long history in Florida
- Facts about Stetson’s movie-making history
Come join in the early-morning fun in front of the CUB and become a Hatter star for the day!