The Week Ahead for Hatters – Feb. 8-15
This week Stetson University continues its 107th season with its production of Stephen Dietz’s melodramatic thriller Dracula. Directed by senior Caitlyn Foster, Dracula features a cast of 10 Stetson students, including Max Morgan, Jacob Manos, Olivia Moeschet, Corley Groves, Michael Wallace, Alex Schelb, Ellen Smittle, Erin Foster, Roxy Ghamgosarnia and Orion Meades. Showtimes are 8 p.m., Wednesday through Saturday at Stetson Theatre Arts’ “Second Stage” Theatre at the Museum of Florida Art, 600 N. Woodland Blvd., adjacent to the DeLand campus. The Sunday performance will be a matinee on Feb. 17 at 3 p.m. The final dress rehearsal of Dracula on Wednesday, Feb. 13, at 8 p.m., is open to the public at no charge. Admission for all other performances is $12 for adults, and $10 for senior citizens and non-Stetson students. Stetson students, faculty, and staff presenting valid I.D. will be admitted free of charge. This show is also a cultural credit opportunity for Stetson students.
Other Hatter events happening this week include:
- Monday – Friday: Oscar Bluemner’s Germany: Juxtaposing Jerichow, 11 a.m.-4 p.m., Hand Art Center. Exhibit runs through April 29.
- Monday – Friday: Bill Viola’s videotape collection, The Reflecting Pool – Collected Work 1977-80. Exhibit runs through March 19.
- Monday, Feb. 11 – Friday, Feb. 15 – APVMA Sweet Treats Sale, 11 a.m., in front of CUB
- Friday, Feb. 8 – Sounds New Concert, 7:30 pm, Lee Chapel
- Sunday, Feb. 10 – Viola Consort, 3 p.m., Lee Chapel
- Friday, Feb. 15 – University Symphonic Band Concert, 7:30 p.m., Lee Chapel
Black History Month – events this week:
- Monday, Feb. 11 – Lunar New Year Celebration and International Festival, noon–4 p.m., Stetson Green
- Monday, Feb. 11 – Filling the Gap: Forgotten chapter of American History Docudrama and guest lecture by director, Tyrone Young,6:30–8:30 p.m. Stetson Room, CUB
- Tuesday, Feb. 12 – Love your Body Week: Dress for Success: Career Fashion Show, 5:30–7 p.m., Stetson Room, CUB
- Wednesday, Feb. 13 – A Pictorial History: African Americans in Volusia County, 6–7:30 p.m., Stetson Room, CUB
- Thursday, Feb. 14 – Love your Body Week: ONLY LOVE Project – 9 a.m.–4 p.m.
- Friday, Feb. 8 – Morocco: Intertwined Histories, Overlapping Territories, 2:30 p.m., 25L
- Saturday, Feb. 9 – Homecoming 2013 Reunion Planning Conference, 9 a.m., Office of Alumni Engagement
- Saturday, Feb. 9 – Social Justice and the Law Seminar, 10 a.m., College of Law During the seminar, students will tour the Law school and hear from professors the practice of law in effecting social justice in communities. The bus will depart at 7 a.m. and return at 5:45 p.m.
- Saturday, Feb. 9 – Science Saturday at the Gillespie Museum, 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Saturday, Feb. 9 – International Movie Night – “Water” 6 p.m., Library Lobby
- Sunday, Feb. 10 – Chapel Service, 5:30 p.m., Lee Chapel
- Sunday, Feb. 10 – Francophone Movie Night – Wild Side, 6 p.m., Sampson 129
- Monday, Feb. 11 – Deadline to Apply for May Graduation (Application)
- Monday, Feb. 11 – APVMA Sweet Treats Sale, 11 a.m., Front of CUB
- Monday, Feb. 11 – Cardio Yoga, 12:15 p.m., Hollis Center Dance Studio
- Tuesday, Feb. 12 – Gentle Yoga, 5 p.m., Nite Lites
- Tuesday, Feb. 12 – Fashion Show, 5 p.m., Stetson Room
- Tuesday, Feb. 12 – “Tell About the South: Why Are They so Religious” lecture featuring Dr. Sam Hill, 7 p.m., 25L
- Tuesday, Feb. 12 – Catholic Campus Ministry Meeting, 8 p.m., Allen Hall 103
- Wednesday, Feb. 13 – History Department Colloquia, 6 p.m., Elizabeth 315
- Thursday, Feb. 14 – Screening of – Land, 6 p.m., Russian Studies Center
- Thursday, Feb. 14 – Poetry at an Uncouth Hour, 9 p.m., Nite Lites
Hatter Athletics – www.gohatters.com – GO HATTERS!
- Friday, Feb. 8 – Softball vs. Michigan State, 4 p.m., HOME – Patricia Wilson Field
- Friday, Feb. 8 – Softball vs. Delaware, 6:30 p.m., HOME – Patricia Wilson Field
- Saturday, Feb. 9 – Women’s Tennis vs. Charleston Southern, noon, Mandy Stoll Tennis Center
- Saturday, Feb. 9 – Women’s Basketball vs. East Tennessee State, 1 p.m., HOME-Edmunds Center
- Saturday, Feb. 9 – Men’s Basketball vs. East Tennessee State, 3:15 p.m., HOME-Edmunds Center
- Saturday, Feb. 9 – Softball vs. South Carolina, 4 p.m., HOME-Patricia Wilson Field
- Saturday, Feb. 9 – Softball vs. Michigan State, 6:30 p.m., HOME-Patricia Wilson Field
- Sunday, Feb. 10 – Women’s Lacrosse vs. Liberty, 2 p.m., Stetson Athletic Training Center
- Monday, Feb. 11 – Women’s Basketball vs. USC Upstate, 7 p.m., HOME-Edmunds Center
By Shelby Scraper, SUM student assistant