February offers many options for Hatters
February 01, 2013
As part of Stetson University’s celebration of Black History Month, the Honorable Lubbie Harper, Jr., Supreme Court Justice, Connecticut, will speak at 7 p.m. on Wednesday, Feb. 20, in the Stetson Room, second floor of the Carlton Union Building, 131 E. Minnesota Ave., on the DeLand campus. His keynote address is entitled, “Social Justice – An Ongoing Search/A Never Ending Challenge.” The public is invited, free of charge. To see the rest of what is scheduled at Stetson during the month of February, to commemorate Black History Month, check out Stetson Today.
Some of the other Hatter events scheduled for the DeLand campus this week, Feb. 1-8, include:
- Friday, Feb. 1 –– Guest Recital featuring Sharyn Edwards, 7:30 p.m., Lee Chapel
- Saturday, Feb. 2 – Piano Scholars Recital, 7:30 p.m., Lee Chapel
- Sunday, Feb. 3 – Edit Palmer/Michael Rickman Piano Recital, 3 p.m., Lee Chapel
Music: Tuesday, Feb. 5 – Artists & Lecturers Series presents the Rucco-James Guitar Duo, 7:30 p.m., Lee Chapel
Music: Friday, Feb. 8 – Sounds New Concert, 7:30 p.m., Lee Chapel
Chapel Service: Sunday, Feb. 3, 5:30-6 p.m., Lee Chapel – EVERYBODY’S WELCOME!
- Friday, Feb. 1 – Discovery Reception, 2:30 p.m.
- Friday, Feb. 1 – Alpha Kappa Psi Ice Cream Meet & Greet, 3 p.m., CUB 204
- Friday, Feb. 1 – Vagina Monologues Auditions, 8 p.m.
- Saturday, Feb. 2 – Discovery Day, 8 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Sunday, Feb. 3 – Super Bowl BBQ, noon-7 p.m., Stetson Green
- Sunday, Feb. 3 – Screening of French film, Sitcom, 6 p.m., Sampson Hall 129
- Monday, Feb. 4 – Documentary – Education Under Fire, 8 p.m., CUB 204
- Tuesday, Feb. 5 – Catholic Campus Ministries meeting, 8 p.m., Allen Hall
- Wednesday, Feb. 6 – American Marketing Association screening of The Social Network, 6 p.m., LBC 123
- Wednesday, Feb. 6 – Q&A with Deliana Garcia on Current Policy and Women, 7 p.m., Flagler 213
- Thursday, Feb. 7 – Alpha Kappa Psi Pizza Meet & Greet, 5 p.m., Stetson Green
- Thursday, Feb. 7 – Public Health, Public Policy and Immigration, 7 p.m., Stetson Room, CUB
- Thursday, Feb. 7 – Poetry at an Uncouth Hour, 9 p.m., Nite Lights
Black History Month Events (Week of Feb. 1-Feb. 8):
- Saturday, Feb. 2 – David Pleasant’s RiddimAthon!, 7 p.m., Stetson Room, CUB
- Tuesday, Feb. 5 – Southern History and Culture in the United States: Gullah-Geechee Culture, LBC 123
- Wednesday, Feb. 6 – Tuskegee Airmen: Unsung Heroes of WWII
For all Hatter Athletics, go to www.gohatters.com:
- Thursday, Feb. 7 – Men’s Basketball vs. USC Upstate, 7 p.m., HOME – Edmunds Center
- Friday, Feb. 8 – Stetson Lead-Off Classic – Softball: HOME at Patricia Wilson Field: 4 p.m. Hatters vs. Michigan State; 6:30 p.m. Hatters vs. South Carolina
from the Stetson Today Team