Stetson University's online courses offer the same personal attention and the same interactivity among classmates and professors for which the university is known. Lectures aren't videotaped ahead of time; they're streamed live. The small class sizes and faculty to student interaction found in face-to-face classes for which Stetson University is known can also be found in the university's online courses.
To search for online summer classes, use the class schedule search tool, select the upcoming summer term and then select "Online Course" from the campus menu.
Enrollment in summer online classes is capped at 15 students, so you know you'll be involved. Working with your peers is a great way to connect with the Stetson University community and even though you might be thousands of miles away from the university's campus, online courses give you a connection that will keep you sharp and focused no matter where you are.
Keep the momentum going in your academic career with online summer courses. Just because you're taking a course online doesn't mean you can't expect the same first-rate curriculum and the same first-rate faculty. Taking classes online during the summer will help you make progress toward graduation while saving on housing expenses.
Sign Up Early
Check out the online courses and register for classes as soon as you can. Remember, the enrollment is capped at 15 students for each class.
- Academic advising for undergraduates is scheduled for April 1-5, 2013.
- Pre-registration for summer and fall is April 8-10, 2013.
- The deadline for summer/fall registration for currently enrolled undergraduate students is May 1, 2013.
- Technical stuff: We use Blackboard Collaborate as the primary vehicle for delivering instruction. This web-based software is compatible with all major platforms (Apple OS X and Microsoft Windows). The Information Technology help desk is available if you need it.
- Your instructor may also require the use of personal webcams, microphones and Blackboard or other software (accessible through Stetson University).
- Advising: Your faculty advisor has the answers you need.
- Cost: Online courses cost the same as undergraduate on-campus courses. There is no housing requirement or expense related to online courses.