"Politics 101" 2013 Conference Schedule
Saturday, September 14th, 2013
Stetson University - Carlton Union Building (CUB)
421 N. Woodland Blvd., DeLand, FL 32723 • Directions and Campus Map
|9:00am-9:50am||Registration||CUB 2nd Floor|
|10:00am-11:15am||Opening Session & Keynote Address||CUB Stetson Room|
|11:20am-12:40pm||Workshop Block One||CUB Stetson Room & Faculty Lounge|
|12:40pm-1:40pm||Lunch (on your own)||Commons (1st floor cafeteria)|
|Networking Fair||CUB Stetson Room|
|1:40pm-3:00pm||Workshop Block Two||CUB Stetson Room & Faculty Lounge|
|3:05pm-4:25pm||Workshop Block Three||CUB Stetson Room & Faculty Lounge|
|4:25pm-4:30pm||Complete Feedback Survey||CUB Stetson Room|
- Jim Davis, Perspectives on Florida 2014
Workshops: (click links to download/view the materials)
- Volunteer Recruitment and Empowerment - Frank Torres
- Fundraising and Budgeting - Lisa Walker
- Supplemental materials: House Party Signup Form, Contribution Form, Contribution Envelope, Volunteer Signup Form, Newsletter Signup Form, Sample Budget (Municipal), Sample Budget (State House)
- Using Data to Microtarget Voters and Donors - Kevin Winchell
- Message Development and Framing - Rob Field
- Supplemental material: Political Communications Manual
- GOTV and Voter Outreach - Justin Snyder
A Note About Decorum:
People get passionate about politics - especially those who are involved in campaigning. We understand that. At "Politics 101", however, we don't want passions to get in the way of our central mission: to learn about political campaigning and increase political participation amongst members of our civic community.
As such, we have established some basic guidelines for participating in this conference. To ensure civil workshop discussions, please:
- Raise your hand to speak.
- Avoid interrupting anyone else.
- Don't speak too long. Let others speak.
- Keep a respectful tone of voice.
- Keep an open mind.
- Do not denigrate others' questions or opinions.
Remember: we're here to learn, not to impress, argue, or convince others of our views. We appreciate your cooperation in advance as we seek to make this conference as effective and welcoming as possible for all participants.