Speakers and Presenters
Politics 101 is pleased to have the support of many professional political consultants who have agreed to present at the fifth annual Politics 101 Conference at Stetson University on September 6, 2014.
- Bert Ralston, founder and president of Vox Populi Communications, LLC, a political consulting firm in Jacksonville, Florida. Bert will be presenting "Developing a Campaign Strategy."
- Frank Torres, political analyst for FOX 35 News and owner of Frank Torres Strategies, a political consulting firm in Orlando, Florida. Frank will be presenting "The Stump Speech: Speaking to the Press and the People."
- David Lee Davis, owner of DLD Consulting Enterprises, a campaign marketing and management firm located in Florida, North Carolina and Ohio. David will be presenting "Political Marketing and Messaging."
- Justin Snyder, past deputy campaign manager, district director and field director for several state and federal campaigns and PACs located across the U.S. with a focus on South Florida. Justin will be presenting "GOTV and Voter Outreach."
- Kevin Winchell, Assistant Director of Community Engagement at Stetson University and political consultant who specializes in using data to micro-target voters and donors throughout Central Florida. Kevin will be presenting on "Campaign Fundraising and Budgeting."
Past speakers have included professional political consultants, local and state party executive leadership, former state legislators and senators, academicians who study political campaign management, and leaders of political campaign management graduate schools.
Workshop topics discuss knowledge and skills specifically related to successful campaign management, including:
- Issue and opposition research
- Media and message development
- Campaign strategy
- Using data to micro-target voters
- Campaign budgeting and fundraising
- Get-Out-The-Vote best practices
- Volunteer recruitment and management
- Utilizing internet and social media