Schedule and Workshops
The workshops for the sixth annual Politics 101 conference have not yet been finalized. However, past workshops have included:
- Developing a Campaign Strategy
- Political Marketing and Messaging
- Get Out the Vote and Voter Outreach
- Fundraising and Budgeting
- The Stump Speech: Speaking to the Press and the People
A Note on Decorum
People get passionate about politics - especially those involved in campaigning. We understand that. At Politics 101, however, we don't want passions to get in the way of our central mission: to learn about political campaigning and increase political participation amongst members of our civic community.
As such, we have established some basic guidelines for participating in this conference. In order to ensure civil discussions, please:
- Raise your hand to speak.
- Avoid interrupting anyone else.
- Don't speak too long. Let others speak.
- Keep a respectful tone of voice.
- Keep an open mind.
- Do not denigrate others' questions or opinions.
Remember that we're here to learn, not to impress, argue or convince others of our views. We appreciate your cooperation in advance as we seek to make this conference as effective and welcoming as possible for all participants.