Gender Equity Plan Review Committee Members:
- Mike Bitter, Professor of Accounting, FAR (ex-officio member)
- Camille Tessitore King, Associate Professor, Chair
- Stacy Matthews, Director of Budgets
- Julie Orlowski, Head Women's Soccer Coach
- Ann Small, Professor of Music
- Jan Usher, Senior Women's Administrator/Assistant Athletics Director for Academics
NCAA Operating Principle 3.1 Gender Issues (from 2005) reads as follows:
Consistent with NCAA Constitution 2.3, it is the responsibility of each institution to implement theAssociation's principle of gender equity. In accordance with this fundamental principle, the institution shall:
- Have implemented its approved gender-equity plan from the previous self-study. If modified or not carried out fully, the institution shall provide an explanation from appropriate institutional authorities.
- Demonstrate that it is committed to, and has progressed toward, fair and equitable treatment of both male and female student-athletes and athletics department personnel.
- Formally adopt a written plan for the future for the intercollegiate athletics program that ensures the institution maintains a program, or continues progress toward a program, which is equitable for both genders. The plan shall include measurable goals the institution intends to achieve, steps the institution will take to achieve those goals, persons responsible and timetables.