In 2013-14, the Stetson community will engage in the development of a new Strategic Map. Pertinent strategic planning documents will continue to be posted in this space throughout the year, so please check back often for information updates and new resources.
"Seeing Stetson In Context" Open Discussions
It's a time to think big, toss ideas around, examine major trends in higher education and assess the opportunities that lie before us. Plan to attend any of these one-hour discussions. Take a look at the Resources page on this website and bring your own material for conversation!
- Oct. 14 from 10 to 11 a.m. - Lynn Business Center, Room 124
- Oct. 14 from 3 to 4 p.m. - Carlton Union Building, Faculty Lounge
- Oct. 15 from 10 to 11 a.m. - 308 Elizabeth Hall
- Oct. 15 from 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. - Carlton Union Building, Faculty Lounge
In October, we'll launch a short, anonymous, open-ended survey that asks the Stetson community for their thoughts on Stetson's strengths, critical issues we face, and key priorities we should establish. Your input is important and will help shape our 2014-19 Strategic Map.
Planning Process and Timeline
- October 7-21 - Online Survey
- October 14-15 - Open Discussions
- October 15-16 - Focus Groups, Gulfport*
- October 16 - Focus Groups, Celebration*
- October 17-18 - Focus Groups, DeLand* (coinciding with Board ofTrustees meeting)
- November 6-7 - Vision Session**
- November-December - Open Feedback Sessions on proposed Vision Statement
- February 19-21 - Board of Trustees' review and approval of Vision Statement
- March 3-4 - Mapping Session**
- March-April - Vetting of proposed Strategic Map with the community
- May 8-9 - Board of Trustees' review and approval of 2014-19 Strategic Map
* More information will be forthcoming about these focus groups, facilitated by TSI Consulting Partners, Inc., with invited representation from students, faculty, staff, administration and trustees.
** The vision and mapping sessions, facilitated by TSI, will involve approximately 25 representatives from various Stetson University constituencies who will be asked to think about a 10-year visioning horizon. They will examine focus group and survey feedback.