Health, Safety and Emergency Information
The Department of Public Safety operates 24 hours a day, 365 days per year to ensure your safety. Our officers provide a full range of services including routine patrol of the campus, parking enforcement, safety inspections and after hours escort services.
Student Health Service
Student Health Service provides general medical care for all currently enrolled students. We currently have a registered nurse available by appointment for non-critical short-term illnesses and injuries. Such illnesses include colds, sore throats, upset stomach, rash, allergies, urinary tract infections, cuts, sprains/strains, free confidential pregnancy testing, STD testing and birth control counseling. S.H.S. also has the ability to obtain laboratory specimens when necessary (blood, urine, cultures, etc.).
Learn more about Stetson University's immunization requirements.
- Florida Hospital DeLand
701 West Plymouth Avenue, DeLand, FL 32720
- Florida Hospital Fish Memorial
1055 Saxon Boulevard, Orange City, FL 32763
- Halifax Health Medical Center
303 N. Clyde Morris Blvd., Daytona Beach, FL 32114
Hatter Alert is Stetson University's official emergency preparedness and notification site. You will find important information here regarding emergency procedures, and you will be notified through this site in the event of an actual emergency on campus.
Emergency Contact Information
Please regularly update your emergency contact information. In the event of an emergency, alerts will be sent out via the Hatter Alert system. Parents will need their student's SUID number and PIN to access My Stetson.
Personal Property Insurance Coverage
- Reasonable coverage just for college students.
- Includes accidental damage, theft, hurricane, flood, fire, lightning surge, etc.
- Student Plan is primary over parent's homeowners, which often have high deductibles.
- Protect your computer, cell phone, and other electronics and valuables for as little as $100 for a year's coverage and deductibles as low as $25.
- Coverage is available to students living on-campus and off-campus.
- Coverage applies while gone on breaks and traveling abroad.
- Coverage extends to bikes, jewelry and musical instruments up to $2,000.
For more information and to sign up, please go to CSI Student Property Insurance's website. Choose Florida and Stetson/DeLand.