Hatter Alert: Emergency Guidelines System
If you are in danger or feel threatened, call 911 or Public Safety at 386-822-7300.
Hazardous Materials - Pollutants Incident
If you are involved with or observe a hazardous material spill (biological, chemical, radiological, fuel or oil) incident, or release for which assistance is needed:
- If the incident is indoors, close all doors in order to isolate the area if it is safe to do so.
- From a safe area, call Public Safety, 386.822.7300, 911 from a campus phone, or 911 from a cell phone or off-campus phone.
- Be prepared to provide the following information regarding the spill or release:
- Name of the material
- Quantity of material
- Time of the incident
- Location of the incident
- If anyone is injured or exposed to material
- If a fire or explosion is involved
- Your name, phone number, and location
Do not attempt to clean up a spill or release unless you are trained to do so and have the proper equipment.
If you are notified of a hazardous materials incident, follow the instructions provided by the emergency service officials:
- Clear the area immediately if instructed to do so by the emergency providers, providing assistance to those with special needs.
- When evacuating, move crosswind, never directly with or against the wind.
- Take roll call of your unit and report head counts to your unit head.