Hatter Alert: Emergency Guidelines System
If you are in danger or feel threatened, call 911 or Public Safety at 386-822-7300.
Bomb Threat / Bomb Threat Check Sheet
If a bomb threat is received:
- Stay calm.
- If your phone has caller ID, record the number displayed.
- Gain the attention of someone else close by, point to this information and have that person call Public Safety 386-822-7300. This call should be made out of hearing range from the caller.
- Try to keep the caller on the phone long enough to complete the bomb threat check sheet, below.
- Ask check sheet questions.
- Work with arriving Public Safety or emergency personnel to assist them in evaluating the situation.
- Assist emergency responders if requested.
- Provide for an orderly evacuation only when ordered by Public Safety or emergency personnel.
Bomb Threat Check Sheet
- Exact time of call
- Phone number displayed
- Exact words of caller
Questions to ask
- When is the bomb going to explode?
- Where is the bomb?
- What does it look like?
- What kind of bomb is it?
- What will cause it to explode?
- Did you place the bomb?
- Where are you calling from?
- What is your address?
- What is your name?
The following will help to describe the caller's voice and state of mind:
- Was the caller's voice: calm, disguised, nasal, angry, deep or broken
- Did the caller: stutter, speak slowly, speak sincerely, have a lisp, speak rapidly
- Was the caller: giggling, crying, excited, stressed, excited
- Did the caller have an accent?
- Did the caller: speak loudly, slur his/her words, speak normally
- If the caller's voice sounded familiar, who did it sound like?
- Where there any background noises?
Please specify any other information that could help identify the caller, as well as the name of the person who received the call, the telephone number where the call was received and the date the call was received.