Stetson University, known for its high ideals and academic excellence, is proud to serve Florida's high achievers through the HATS Program. Currently, we offer two scholarship opportunities to HATS/Belin-Blank Exceptional Student Talent Search (BESTS) participants.
Scholarships for BESTS and HATS Participants
For those who have an eye on the future, Stetson University offers a $2,500 annual scholarship to any student who is a member of BESTS and who participated in the HATS Summer Program. This scholarship will be extended over the full four years for a total of $10,000, and is awarded in addition to any other scholarships you receive at Stetson University. It is important to note that high-achieving students typically receive substantial scholarship assistance at Stetson University. The HATS Scholarship recognizes the extraordinary efforts you made in your youth by participating in BESTS and/or the HATS Summer Program.
HATS Summer Program Scholarships for High-Scorers in BESTS
Beginning in the summer of 2003, Stetson University began awarding scholarships for participation in the week-long HATS Summer Programs. A full HATS scholarship ($275 value) was awarded to the boy and girl at each grade level who achieved the highest score in BESTS.
It should be noted that seventh through ninth grade students took the ACT, college entrance exams typically taken by eleventh and twelfth grade students. A few important facts:
- The eleventh and twelfth grade-level ACT yields a score of 1-36.
- The average composite score earned by eleventh and twelfth graders across the nation is 21.
- HATS Scholarship winners in grades seven through nine earned composite scores ranging from 28 to 35 on the ACT - far above their eleventh and twelfth grade counterparts.
Support the Scholarship Fund
To contribute to this worthy scholarship, please follow these steps:
- Open the "Make a Gift Online" page and then click "Give Online Now"
- Determine whether you would like to make a one-time gift or a recurring gift and specify the gift amount
- Under "What would you like your gift to support?" select "I would like to choose from a list of areas to support."
- In the next drop-down box under "Choose an area to which to designate your gift," select "Other (Please describe below under "Special Instructions")"
- In the Special Instructions box, type "Belin-Blank/HATS Endowed Scholarship"