Stetson University, known for its high ideals and academic excellence, is proud to serve Florida's high achievers through the HATS Program. Currently, we offer two scholarship opportunities to HATS/Belin-Blank Exceptional Student Talent Search (BESTS) participants.
Scholarships for BESTS and HATS Participants
For those who have an eye on the future, Stetson University offers a $1,000 annual scholarship to any student who is a member of BESTS and who participated in the HATS Summer Program. This scholarship will be extended over the full four years for a total of $4,000, and is awarded in addition to any other scholarships you receive at Stetson University. It is important to note that high-achieving students typically receive substantial scholarship assistance at Stetson University. The HATS Scholarship recognizes the extraordinary efforts you made in your youth by participating in BESTS and/or the HATS Summer Program.
HATS Summer Program Scholarships for High-Scorers in BESTS
Beginning in the summer of 2003, Stetson University began awarding scholarships for participation in the week-long HATS Summer Programs. A full HATS scholarship ($260 value) was awarded to the boy and girl at each grade level (grades four through nine) who achieved the highest score in BESTS.
It should be noted that fourth through sixth grade students took the eighth grade-level EXPLORE, and seventh through ninth grade students took the ACT and/or the SAT, college entrance exams typically taken by eleventh and twelfth grade students. A few important facts:
- The eighth grade-level EXPLORE yields a score of 1-25.
- The average composite score earned by eighth graders across the nation is 14.7.
- HATS Scholarship winners in grades four through six earned composite scores ranging from 19 to 25 on the
EXPLORE- far above their eighth grade counterparts.
- The 11th/12th grade-level ACT yields a score of 1-36.
- The average composite score earned by eleventh and twelfth graders across the nation is 21.
- HATS Scholarship winners in grades seven through nine earned composite scores ranging from 28 to 35 on the ACT - far above their eleventh and twelfth grade counterparts.
Support the Scholarship Fund
To contribute to this worthy scholarship, please follow these steps:
- Open the "Make a Gift Online" page and then click on "Give to a Specific Program or Fund."
- When prompted, under "I would like my gift applied to," select "Other."
- Under "Other Program or Fund," type "Belin-Blank/HATS Endowed Scholarship"