Stetson Green | G-R-E-E-N
Stetson Global and Regional Eco-Expertise Network
The Stetson Global and Regional Eco-Expertise Network (GREEN) links the university's colleges, schools, facilities and co-curricular programs to provide educational experiences on topics of environmental concern and to foster sustainable university and community operations.
The purpose of Stetson GREEN is to:
- Connect unrelated academic and student life programs, institutional and operational initiatives.
- Support undergraduate research projects by linking students, faculty, and staff for research, campus initiatives, community environmental projects, or environmental activism at the local to international levels.
- Serve as a focal point and resource center for the greater community.
- Link faculty and student scholarship with university operations to facilitate progress to a more sustainable campus.
- Function as an advocate for accomplishments and innovations related to basic science of the natural world, human environment interaction, and sustainability both on and off campus.
- Highlight the unique environmental issues of central Florida.