Su Young Choi
Assistant Professor of Communication and Media Studies
Su Young Choi, Ph.D., is an Assistant Professor of Communication and Media Studies at Stetson University. She received her Ph.D. in 2017 from Communication at the University of Massachusetts Amherst. She has a background in critical media and cultural studies with a specialization in the media ethnography of environmental movements. She continues to examine environmental issues in the intersection of media practices, energy politics and critical public at the local, national and transnational levels.
- Ph.D., communication, University of Massachusetts Amherst, 2017
- M.A., communication, Seoul National University, South Korea, 2010
- B.A., Korean history, Seoul National University, South Korea, 2004
- Intercultural Communication
- Environmental Communication
- Choi, S. Y. & Cho, Y. (2017). Generating Counter-Public Spheres through Social Media: Two Social Movements in Neoliberalized South Korea. Javnost - The Public: Journal of the European Institute for Communication and Culture, 24(1), 1-19.
- Geddes, H. & Choi, S. Y. (2015). Media strategy and networks at the margin of biodiversity governance. In R. Worthington & M. Rask (Eds.), Governing Biodiversity through Democratic Deliberation (pp. 193-211). London: Routledge.
- Phone: 386-822-7521