Visiting Assistant Professor of Health Sciences
Ronette Lategan-Potgieter is a registered dietitian from South Africa, who has held various senior positions in her field. She has a wide area of interest in nutrition and acts as a supervisor for post-graduate students with her own research currently focussing on undernutrition and sport nutrition.
- Ph.D., dietetics, University of the Free State, South Africa
- M.S., dietetics, University of the Free State, South Africa
- B.S., dietetics, University of the Free State, South Africa
- Health and Wellness
- Myburgh B, Nel R and Lategan-Potgieter R. 2017. Implementation of the Prevention of Mother-to-Child Transmission (PMTCT) Program in the Northern Cape, South Africa. Current HIV Research, 15(1): 38-45.
- Lategan R, van den Berg VL and Walsh CM. 2016. Vitamin D status, hypertension and body mass index in an urban black community in Mangaung, South Africa. African Journal of Primary Health Care and Family Medicine, 8(1).
- Lategan R, Malibe P and Van Niekerk L. 2016. Providing Meals in Institutional Settings, In Community nutrition for developing countries. Ed. Steyn NP & Temple N. Athabasca University, Canada: AU Press.
- Steenkamp L, Lategan R and Raubenheimer J. 2016. Moderate malnutrition in children aged five years and younger in South Africa: are wasting or stunting being treated? South African Journal of Clinical Nutrition;29(1):27-31.
- Steenkamp L, Lategan R and Raubenheimer J. 2015. The impact of Ready-to-Use Supplementary Food (RUSF) in targeted supplementation of children with moderate acute malnutrition (MAM) in South Africa. South African Family Practice, 57 (5)
- Lategan R, van den Berg VL and Walsh CM. 2014. Body adiposity indices are associated with hypertension in a black, urban Free State community. African Journal of Primary Health Care and Family Medicine, 6 (1)
- Steenkamp L and Lategan R. 2013. The acceptability and intake of lipid-based pasted as a food supplement in a South African context. South African Journal of Clinical Nutrition, 26 (3): 150-151.
- Lategan R, Steenkamp L, Joubert G and Le Roux M. 2010. Nutritional status of HIV -infected adults on antiretroviral therapy and the impact of nutritional supplementation in the Northern Cape Province. South African Journal of Clinical Nutrition, 23 (4): 197-201.
- Lategan R, Malibe P, Van Niekerk L and Dannhauser A. 2008. Nutritional Management for Community-based institution feeding, In Community nutrition textbook for South Africa: A rights-based approach. Ed. Steyn NP & Temple N. Cape Town: South African Medical Research Council.
- Phone: 386-822-7917