Ronald L. Hall
Professor and Chair, Department of Philosophy
Professor Hall is the Editor-in-Chief of the International Journal for Philosophy of Religion. He also has been president of the South Carolina Philosophical Association; the SE/AAR, The Florida Philosophical Association; and the Society for the Philosophy of Religion. His interests are in the philosophy of religion and existentialism with special interests in the thought of Wittgenstein and Kierkegaard.
- Ph.D. in Philosophy, UNC Chapel Hill, 1973
- M. Div., Duke University, 1970
- B.A. in philosophy, Stetson University, 1967
- The Philosophy of Religion
- He is the author of numerous journal articles and three books: "Word and Spirit: A Kierkegaardian Critique of the Modern Age" (Indiana University Press, 1993), "The Human Embrace: The Love of Philosophy and the Philosophy of Love: Kierkegaard, Cavell, Nussbaum" (Penn State Press, 1999), and a free online logic text entitled: "Logic: A Brief Introduction" that is available at the philosophy department website.