Yiorgos Bakamitsos, Ph.D.
Associate Dean, Graduate Business Programs; Associate Professor of Marketing
Yiorgos A. Bakamitsos is the associate dean for graduate programs and is an associate professor of marketing at the School of Business Administration at Stetson University. Before joining Stetson University he was the assistant dean for executive education at the A.B. Freeman School.
Bakamitsos' work has appeared in the Journal of Consumer Research and the Journal of Consumer Behavour. He is a member of the American Marketing Association, the Association for Consumer Research, the American Psychological Association, the Society for Consumer Psychology, the Hellenic Management Association and the Hellenic Institute for Marketing.
He has taught graduate, undergraduate and executive education courses at the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University, the Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth College, the A.B. Freeman School of Business at Tulane University, Centrum University in Lima, Peru, Bocconi University in Milan, Italy and the A.L.B.A. Graduate Business School in Athens, Greece.
Bakamitsos has served as a research director for consumer behavior and electronic commerce at the Glassmeyer-McNamee Center for Digital Strategies at Tuck School of Business as well as on the editorial board of the Journal for Consumer Psychology. He is an ad-hoc reviewer for the Journal of Consumer Research, the Journal of Consumer Psychology and the Electronic Journal for E-Commerce Tools and Applications. He also serves as a member at the Advisory Board for Rebirth Financial, and served on the boards of McGraw Hill's Grade Summit Group and the Shiyao Investment Bank.
- Ph.D., The Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University, 2000
- M.B.A., The Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University, 1996
- B.S., The American College of Greece, 1991
- Marketing Management
- Marketing Communications
- Global Marketing
- Marketing in the Network Economy
- Marketing Topics and Strategy
- Consumer behavior
- How consumers process information, form judgments and make decisions
- "A Cue Alone or a Probe to Think? The Dual Role of Affect in Product Evaluations," Journal of Consumer Research, 33, 403-412, 2006.
- "Information Accessibility As A Moderator of Judgments: The Role of Content vs. Retrieval Ease," Journal of Consumer Research, 32, 76-85, 2005. With Alice Tybout, Brian Sternthal, Prashant Malaviya & Se-Bum Park.
- "Contextual Effects in Marketing Practice: The Case of Mood," Journal of Consumer Behavour, 3 (4), 304-314, 2004. With George Siomkos.
- "Peri" Case #: 6-0019, Glassmeyer/McNamee Center for Digital Strategies, Tuck School of Business, Dartmouth College, 2004. With Hans Brechbuhl.
- "McGraw-Hill: Grade Summit" Case #: 6-0018, Glassmeyer/McNamee Center for Digital Strategies, Tuck School of Business, Dartmouth College, 2003. With Evelyn Hsia.
- "FAGE vs. DELTA: The Yogurt War" in George Siomkos' Strategic Marketing, Vol. II, 501-514, 1999.
- Phone: 386-822-7432