Dean of the School of Business Administration
Dean Schwarz has professional experience in higher education and business. He has held an endowed professorship in Family Business at Cal State Fullerton's Mihaylo College of Business Administration since 2009. Before that he was director of the Family Owned Business Institute (FOBI) and the Center for Entrepreneurship at Grand Valley State University. Since 2002, he has also served as a visiting professor of entrepreneurship at the Athens University of Economics and Business in Athens, Greece.
Dean Schwarz is recognized nationally and internationally as a leader in the fields of family business and entrepreneurship. He received fellow status from the Family Firm Institute in 2010. He previously served on the Body of Knowledge Committee of the Family Firm Institute and was the research program co-director for the 2004 and 2005 conferences. He is also a founding co-editor of the organization's publication, the Family Firm Practitioner. He has been a member of the Strategic Planning Committee for the Family Firm Institute since 2009. He has served with the Family Enterprise Research Conference (FERC) since 2007 and was 2011 Conference co-host. Schwarz also received the Teaching Excellence Award in 2003, 2004 and 2006 from Athens University of Economics and Business, and an Honorable Mention Award from the 2007 Family Enterprise Research Conference.
- Post-doctoral studies, international business, University of South Carolina
- Post-doctoral studies, family business advising, Family Firm Institute
- D.B.A., finance, Florida State University
- M.B.A., Florida State University
- B.A., Florida State University
- International family business
- His publications have appeared in the Journal of Finance, Family Business Review, International Journal of Emerging Markets, Journal of Banking and Finance, The International Small Business Journal, Journal of Asian Business, among others.
- Phone: 386-822-7406
- Fax: 386-822-7405