Visiting Assistant Professor
Originally, Snezhana Zheltoukhova is from Moscow, Russia. After her graduation from Moscow (Lomonosov) State University, she came to Carleton College to teach Russian and continued teaching the language and culture at Pomona College, Beloit College, University of Missouri-Columbia, Indiana University Bloomington, and University of Wisconsin-Madison. Currently, she is a dissertator in Second Language Acquisition Program at UW-Madison. Her dissertation focuses on Russian Flagship tutoring.
- Ph. D. candidate, second language acquisition and Russian, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- M.A., Russian and Slavonic studies, University of Missouri-Columbia
- B.A. with high distinction, theoretical and applied linguistics and teaching Russian as a second language, Moscow (Lomonosov) State University
- Elementary Russian
- Second Year Russian
- Intermediate Russian Conversation and Composition
- Advanced Russian Conversation and Composition
- Qualitative research methods
- L2 tutoring and intercultural competence
- Technology-mediated language learning
- Socio-interactional development in L2
- "Implementing Internet Technologies for Deep Language Learning" (forthcoming) In F. V. Tochon & D. Busciglio (Eds.), Deep Education from the Disciplinary to the Transdisciplinary. Blue Mounds, WI: Deep University Press.
- "Developing Intercultural Competence at Novice Level: Deep Approach to Russian" (co-authored with Nesterchouk A. and Akkaziev J) (forthcoming) In F. V. Tochon & D. Busciglio (Eds.), Deep Education from the Disciplinary to the Transdisciplinary. Blue Mounds, WI: Deep University Press.
- "Reflections on the SWSEEL Russian Program from a Sociocultural Perspective: Challenges and Benefits" (Co-authored with Martina Barnaš) Working Papers in LCLE 3, 2014, 112-126.
- "Student and Tutor Perspectives of Tutoring in a Russian Flagship Program" (co-authored with Murphy D. & Evans-Romaine K.) Russian Language Journal 62, 2012, 107 - 127 Book Review.
- "Первый круг: Russian Full Circle" First-Year Russian Textbook by Donna Oliver with Edie Furniss Yale University Press, 2013. Russian Language Journal, Vol 65, 2015.
- Teaching Russian as a second language
- L2 tutoring classroom interaction
- Phone: 386-822-7260