Visiting Assistant Professor
Snezhana Zheltoukhova has been Visiting Assistant Professor of Russian and Director of Language Commons at Stetson University since 2017. Before coming to Stetson, she taught Russian language and culture at Carleton College, Pomona College, Beloit College, University of Missouri-Columbia, Indiana University Bloomington, and University of Wisconsin-Madison.Her research interests are within the field of second language acquisition and pedagogy.
- Ph. D., Second Language Acquisition and Russian, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- M.A., Russian and Slavonic studies, University of Missouri-Columbia
- B.A. with high distinction, theoretical and applied linguistics and teaching Russian as a second language, Moscow (Lomonosov) State University
- Elementary Russian
- Second Year Russian
- Intermediate Russian Conversation and Composition
- Advanced Russian Conversation and Composition
- Qualitative research methods
- Analysis of discourse and interaction
- L2 tutoring and intercultural competence
- Technology-mediated language learning
- Sociocultural theory
- "Implementing Internet Technologies for Deep Language Learning" (2017) In F. V. Tochon & D. Busciglio (Eds.), Deep Education Across the Disciplines and Beyond: A 21st Century Transdisciplinary Breakthrough (pp. 403-427). Blue Mounds, WI: Deep University Press.
- "Developing Intercultural Competence at Novice Level: Deep Approach to Russian" co-authored with J. Akkaziev and A. Nesterchouk (2017) In F. V. Tochon & D. Busciglio (Eds.), Deep Education Across the Disciplines and Beyond: A 21st Century Transdisciplinary Breakthrough (pp. 383-402). Blue Mounds, WI: Deep University Press.
- "Reflections on the SWSEEL Russian Program from a Sociocultural Perspective: Challenges and Benefits" (Co-authored with Martina Barnaš) Working Papers in LCLE 3, 2014, 112-126.
- "Student and Tutor Perspectives of Tutoring in a Russian Flagship Program" (co-authored with Murphy D. & Evans-Romaine K.) Russian Language Journal 62, 2012, 107 - 127 Book Review.
- Book Review: "Первый круг: Russian Full Circle" First-Year Russian Textbook by Donna Oliver with Edie Furniss Yale University Press, 2013. Russian Language Journal, Vol 65, 2015
- Second Language Acquisition
- World Language Education
- Phone: 386-822-7260