Serina Haddad, Ph.D.
Visiting Assistant Professor
Serina Haddad, Ph.D. is a Visiting Assistant Professor in the Decisions and Information Sciences Department at Stetson University. She teaches classes in business statistics and business systems and analytics. She received the "Outstanding Teacher of the Year" Award in 2017. She also taught graduate and undergraduate classes in statistics and decision analysis at the University of Central Florida. She completed her doctorate in Industrial Engineering from UCF with an emphasis in management systems. She has over 13 years of experience working in both academia and industry. She held multiple positions in statistical quality control, customer relationship management, institutional development and business process reengineering. She worked as a freelance trainer and consultant for many organizations including State University of New York and other USAID programs. She is a member of the Institute of Industrial and Systems Engineering. She served as President of the IISE Student Chapter at her undergraduate university, for which she was a founding member.
- Ph.D., industrial engineering and management systems specialization, University of Central Florida
- M.S., engineering management specialization, University of Central Florida
- B.S., industrial engineering, University of Jordan, Amman, Jordan
- Graduate certificate, quality assurance, University of Central Florida
- Graduate certificate, project engineering, University of Central Florida
- Business Statistics
- Introduction to Business Analytics
- Management Information Systems
- Information Technology
- Business and data analytics
- Organizational development
- Leadership and entrepreneurship
- Al-Haddad, Thorne, Ahmed and Sause (2017). "Teaching Information Technology alongside Business Analytics: Case Study". Journal of Education for Business. Submitted in October 2017.
- Al-Haddad, Boone and Campbell. (2017). "Understanding Graduation Rates at Higher Education Institutions: A Forecasting Model". International Journal for Business Education. Accepted for Publication in November 2017.
- Al-Haddad, S., & Kotnour, T. (2015). Integrating the organizational change literature: A model for successful change. Journal of Organizational Change Management, 28(2), 234-262.
- Timothy Kotnour, Serina Al-Haddad & Alper Camci (2015). Assessing The Factors Enabling Systematic Change, Journal of Enterprise Transformation, 5 (3), 141-161.
- Al-Haddad and Kotnour (2013, May). "Preliminary Framework for Aligning Organizational Change". A. Krishnamurthy and W.K.V. Chan, eds. Proceedings of the 2013 Industrial and Systems Engineering Research Conference. Paper presented at Institute of Industrial Engineers (IIE) Annual Conference and Expo. San Juan, Puerto Rico.
- Al-Haddad, Razzaghi, and Pazour (2013, March 14). "Integrating Lean in Healthcare Literature: A Framework to Analyze Lean Applications in Healthcare". Healthcare Systems Process Improvement Conference 2013, New Orleans, LA (Poster).
- Al-Haddad and Kotnour (2012, May 19-23). "Preliminary Framework for Aligning Organizational Change". Institute of Industrial Engineers (IIE) Annual Conference and Expo, 2012, Orlando, FL (Presentation).
- Phone: 386-822-7962