Scott A. Jones
Assistant Professor of Marketing, Director of Sport Business Program
Scott Jones, Ph.D., is an associate professor of marketing in the School of Business Administration at Stetson University. Jones has published more than 25 blind peer-reviewed intellectual contributions including manuscripts in the Journal of Public Policy and Marketing, the Journal of Internet Commerce and Sport Marketing Quarterly. Broadly, his research focuses on the relationship between consumers and brands. Jones teaches courses in Stetson University's First Year Seminar program, sport marketing and other core marketing requirements including Marketplace and Consumers. He is the advisor for Stetson University's American Marketing Association.
- Ph.D., University of Oregon, 2004
- M.B.A., University of Tampa, 1999
- B.S., Florida State University, 1993
- First Year Seminar
- Marketplace and Consumers
- Sport Marketing
- The relationship between consumers and brands
- The unique elements of the sport marketing industry
- Stephen J. Grove, Gregory M. Pickett, Scott A. Jones and Michael J. Dorsch, "Spectator Rage as the Dark Side of Engaging Sport Fans: Implications for Services Marketers," Journal of Service Research, Vol. 13 (February), pp. 3-20.
- "Integrating experience, advertising and electronic word of mouth," Journal of Internet Commerce, Vol. 8 (3/4), pp. 246-267, 2010, with K. Damon Aiken and David M. Boush.
- "Spectator Rage: An Overview," in Kahle, L. and Close, A. (eds.) Consumer Behavior Knowledge for Effective Sports and Event Marketing, Taylor and Francis Group, Boca Raton, FL. 2010, with Stephen J. Grove and Gregory M. Pickett.
- "Teaching international entrepreneurship through student exchange: Observations, Obstacles and Recommendations," Journal of Entrepreneurship Education, Vol. 11, pp. 99-113, 2008, with Diane Denslow, Frank Janssen, Dodo zu Knyphausen-Aufseβ, Rachel Shinnar and Bryan Toney.
- "The impact of sports marketing relationships on antitrust issues in the United States", Journal of Public Policy and Marketing, special issue on Competition Policy and Antitrust Law, Vol. 20 (1), pp. 73-83, 2001, with Debbie Thorne and Linda Berns Wright.
- Sports business and sport marketing
- Brand image and brand strategy
- Consumer behavior
- Phone: 386-822-7429