Ronald L. Hall
Professor and Chair, Department of Philosophy
Ronald Hall is the editor-in-chief of the International Journal for Philosophy of Religion. He also has been president of the South Carolina Philosophical Association, the SE/AAR, The Florida Philosophical Association, and the Society for the Philosophy of Religion. His interests are in the philosophy of religion and existentialism with special interests in the thought of Wittgenstein and Kierkegaard.
- Ph.D., Philosophy, UNC Chapel Hill, 1973
- M. Div., Duke University, 1970
- B.A., philosophy, Stetson University, 1967
- The Philosophy of Religion
- He is the author of numerous journal articles and three books: "Word and Spirit: A Kierkegaardian Critique of the Modern Age" (Indiana University Press, 1993), "The Human Embrace: The Love of Philosophy and the Philosophy of Love: Kierkegaard, Cavell, Nussbaum" (Penn State Press, 1999), and a free online logic text entitled: "Logic: A Brief Introduction" that is available at the philosophy department website.
- Phone: 386-822-7584