Richard W. Copeland
Associate Professor of Business Law and Tax
Richard Copeland is an associate professor at Stetson University and has 37 years of experience in the areas of taxation and estate planning. For more than 40 years, Professor Copeland has had his own law practice that specializes in the purchase and sale of businesses, probate, guardianship, sale of real estate and adoptions. He is an active speaker in the Florida Bar Association, Florida Institute of CPAs, estate planning meetings for numerous churches, Bank of America, Merrill Lynch, insurance companies and others.
- LL.M., Tax, University of Miami, 1973
- J.D., University of Florida, 1972
- Business Law I
- Business Law II
- Business Law III
- First Year Seminar
- Family Enterprise
- Both Continuing Education and Florida Bar Update mentioned above, taped and produced in 11 cities in Florida for Attorneys unable to attend the meetings (approximately 200-300 additional attorneys).
- Bitter, M. E., Dascher, P. E., Copeland, R. W. (2006). "Natural Disasters and Tax Issues for Business Victims." Strategic Finance, pages 17-18; 61.
- Bitter, M. E., Copeland, R. W., Dascher, P. E. (2005). "Tax Issues for Individual Victims of Natural Disasters." Strategic Finance, pages 16-18; 61.
- Phone: 386-822-7417
- Fax: 386-822-7426