Associate Professor in the Prince Entrepreneurship Program
Rebecca Oliphant is an associate professor in the Prince Entrepreneurship Program at Stetson University in Florida. She has been a visiting professor at F.A. in Kufstein, Austria for the past eight years where she taught classes in consumer behavior and advertising. She was recently appointed as a graduate faculty scholar in the College of Graduate Studies at the University of Central Florida. Oliphant has organized trips for Stetson University students to such places as Australia, New Zealand, China, Japan, Austria, Germany, Italy and Hong Kong. She was at Tokyo Disney with students during the earthquake of 2011. Oliphant was also chosen to sail around the world with Nobel Prize winner Archbishop Desmond Tutu in the Semester at Sea program in 2013. She graduated from California University of Pennsylvania with both her B.A. and M.Ed. and counts Disney and NBC as former employers. Perhaps her biggest endeavors have been her entrepreneurial ones, which include both large businesses (Harmon Homes Publications) and smaller ones (a children's bookstore in Omaha, Neb.) where she used her selling skills to open up, run and then sell her ideas. Oliphant knows that it is the "spark" that creates the idea, but understanding the sales process and presentation are key to continuing the idea.
- Ph.D., organizational communication, Florida State University
- M.Ed., guidance and counseling, California University of Pennsylvania
- B.A., speech communication, California State College
- Entrepreneurial Persuasion and Presentation
- Creativity, Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Social Entrepreneurship
- First Year Seminar "Entrepreneurship"
- Entrepreneurial selling
- Creativity and innovation storytelling in entrepreneurship
- Fabozzi, Frank J., Ma, K.C., Oliphant, Becky, J., (fall 2008), "Sin Stocks Return", accepted for publication Journal of Portfolio Management.
- Oliphant, Gary C., Oliphant, Becky J., (2008) "Gaining a Better Understanding of Real World Concepts through a Group Formation Technique" under review Business Communication Quarterly.
- Hansen, Katherine, Oliphant, Gary C., Oliphant, Becky J., Hansen, Randall, (2008), "Best Practices in Preparing Students for Mock Interviews", accepted Business Communication Quarterly.
- Oliphant, Gary C., Hansen, Katherine, Oliphant, Becky J., (2008), "Predictive Validity of a Behavioral Interview Technique" accepted for publication Marketing Management Journal.
- Oliphant, Gary C., Hansen, Katherine, Oliphant, Becky J., (2008), "A Review of Telephone Administrated Behavioral-Based Interview Technique" accepted for publication Business Communication Quarterly.
- Oliphant, Becky J. and Gary C. Oliphant (2001). "Using a Behavior-Based Method to Identify and Reduce Employee Theft," (lead author) International Journal of Retail and Distribution Management.
- Oliphant, Becky J. (summer 2000). Book Review, "Leadership Lessons from Star Trek: The Next Generation," (sole author) Journal of Personal Selling and Sales Management.
- Oliphant, Gary, Oliphant, Becky J., and Friedman, Lori (2001), "Predictive Validity of a Behavioral Interview Technique: Use of Actual Data," Journal of Personal Selling and Sales Management.
- Oliphant, Becky J., and Jones, Mark, Some Clarifying Thoughts on Empowerment, (lead author), 1991.
- Phone: 386-748-6805